The Inevitable

Artist of Chapter Image: Unknown

Source of Chapter Image: Pinterest

Character Origin of Chapter Image: Unknown

Disclaimer: I recognize the image to be art of a character created by someone else. I do not own rights to the artwork, nor do I seek to appropriate it as mine nor of my own mind. I simply include this work as reference for the characters of this story, since I do not currently have the skills to draw them myself nor the means to commission. Thank you :)

"Sit down." She patted the fluff beside her with a smirk. She raised an eyebrow. "You're not gonna sit?" She waited for an answer. "Oh, you're so cold." She said sarcastically.

"I need you to get rid of something." I said coldly.

"Oh, straight to the point." She lost her playfulness. "Murasaki, leave us." She shooed the purple kitsune out, who left quickly and clumsily. Then, she narrowed her eyes. "I know why you're here. I've been watching, and I'm interested. But the only way I'll help is if you do something for me." She said. I sat on the floor with my arm propped up on my knee and leaning on my other hand.

"And?" I asked. She squealed with superficial joy.

"The Sword of Kamikaze." She smiled as my eyes widened. Of course. I knew it wouldn't be simple. I narrowed my eyes. "That's right. The sword you and your little boyfriend are searching for. You get it, give it to me, and I'll get rid of your little dark side." She smiled like she had won.

"And if I don't." I gave her my signature arrogant look, and she scoffed.

"Then forget about getting rid of that dark side of yours." She laughed.

"Well, I'm sorry, but betraying someone for myself is what I've done my whole life, and I don't want to do it again. Doing it will not help anyone, let alone me. You can forget about it. I'll find another way. You're not the only answer." I got up. She smirked.

"You sure about that? Do you really want to risk it? Can you save the people you love or only harm them?" Her eyes glinted with annoyance. I stopped in front of the door.

"You can't have the sword. I can't do that to him." I said. "I'd rather deal with it." I slid the door open.

"Wait!" She yelled in anger. "I have another proposition." She sneered like she hated the very words. I turned around and crossed my arms.

"If you work for me and Motimiki, I'll do it." She said through clinched teeth. My eyes widened.

"Motimiki?" I asked incredulously.

"Yes, he's a rich, handsome, despicable man." She said pleasurably. Motimiki? But. . . Motimiki was nothing like that back in L.A. Is this Motimiki different, or was there something I missed? I glanced at her.

"Fine, but don't try anything. Just make the deal." I said, before walking out. I heard her laugh as I walked towards the exit. I silently cursed when I saw the sun was coming up and made haste for the camp.

I made it just in time to see Rin waking up, and Sesshomaru was getting closer. I sat beside Rin and pretended to be preoccupied with my shoes, and he walked up with a grim expression as usual. We've got to get onto this journey thing, so I can get this done. He won't like it when I have to leave, but a deal is a deal. . . It's going to be so hard. I love him.