Wedding Bail

TW: Mention of toxic relationship behaviors, mental illness, SH/A (Sexual Harassment/Assault), and sex/gender objectification in this chapter.

Artist of Chapter Image: Unknown

Source of Chapter Image: Pinterest

Character Origin of Chapter Image: Unknown

Disclaimer: I recognize the image to be art of a character created by someone else. I do not own rights to the artwork, nor do I seek to appropriate it as mine nor of my own mind. I simply include this work as reference for the likeness to my own OC of this story, since I do not currently have the skills to draw them myself nor the means to commission. Thank you :)

KAGOME'S P.O.V:

A few minutes after Star had gone off to apparently get something, Sesshomaru dashed in the direction she went with a sense of nervousness, and Inuyasha sniffed the air.

"She's gone." He said in shock.

"What?!" They yelled in unison.

"What do you mean gone?" I asked worriedly. "She didn't try to escape or something, did she?!" I gasped as a thought crossed my mind. "Or did she get possessed again?!"

"No." He said as he narrowed his eyes. They all leaned in with wide eyes for him to continue. "She's been taken by a bat demon." He said as he sniffed the air again. I looked towards the one called Hitomu who's eyes widened in surprise. He put his hands up and waved them back and forth as he backed away.

"It wasn't anything I knew about! I swear!" He said with raised eyebrows. He contorted his face in recognition. "Unless," He began. His head shot up, "my father!" He exclaimed.

"What do you mean?" Sango asked.

"Yea, what's your father doing kidnapping our friend?!" I asked.

"Well," He looked down. "I-it's co-complicated." He nodded his head. Inuyasha slumped to the ground.

"We're listening." He stated as he pushed down on his knees with his hands.

"Okay." Hitomu took a deep breath. "She's what we call the bearer of the crystals, hence the crystal choker around her neck. Umm. . ." He hesitated. "Heh," His breathing became faster. "Well, our clan had a crystal that we used for rituals and consulted it for advice like an oracle. It apparently belongs to the choker around her neck, though, so they came to claim it." He scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "It prophesized a couple of weeks before that the fifth royal descendant of the bat demon tribe would marry the crystal bearer." He laughed. "Well, that's me." He mumbled. I gasped.

"And your father took her for that!" I exclaimed.

"Don't get me wrong! I never wanted to force her! But my dad is a little different, especially when it comes to the words of the crystal." He said regretfully.

"He's also a bit sadistic." He mumbled incoherently. "I lost all respect for him when he killed Mother because of his obsession." He said as he narrowed his eyes. "We have to get her back." He said as he flew off.

"Kagome." Inuyasha said.

"Hmm?" I replied.

"Let's go." He stated.

SESSHOMARU'S P.O.V:

She's gone. . . That damn Hikaru. . . I guess blinding him in one eye wasn't enough to get through his thick skull. . . If he lays a hand on her, he'll be more than blind.