Sesshomaru

Artist of Chapter Image: Unknown

Source of Chapter Image: Pinterest

Character Origin of Chapter Image: Anime: Inuyasha

Disclaimer: I recognize the image to be art of a character created by someone else. I do not own rights to the artwork, nor do I seek to appropriate it as mine nor of my own mind. I simply include this work as reference for the characters of this story, since I do not currently have the skills to draw them myself nor the means to commission. Thank you :)

I dreaded how I was going to deal with the change that coming night. An insane mermaid... At least all that would die were fish. I swam around, taking in the beautiful, sparkling creatures and felt sorry for them. I had never felt sympathy for anything in my life except for my victims. It wasn't their fault my mind was tormented and dark.

I was swimming closer to the surface than I realized, and a clawed hand grabbed me, digging into my skin. I held no response to the pain as an agitated demon faced me.

"After I get the crystal you will die." He sneered. I just stared at him, aggravating him even more, and he sunk his claws even deeper into my skin. I felt blood trickle down my back. He was about to reach out to the necklace with his free hand when I bit him with my elongated fangs. He let go of me in surprise, and I slapped him with my tail as I fell into the sea. I heard a deep growl as he dashed after me. He was practically running on water, and I'll have to admit, I was impressed. I saw a cave farther ahead that was impossible for any land dweller to reach, so I swam through the mouth and to the other side.

SESSHOMARU'S P.O.V:

This Sesshomaru should have had the crystal already. First, she managed to land a kick on me, then a bite, and then a slap to the face. How? She is but a mere human with slight power from the crystal that she can't even fully control. Pathetic.

I watched as she went into a deep cave. She was smart. I'll have to give her that much, and her scent was foreign but made this Sesshomaru feel odd. I dove in after her. She can't win against me. I won't let her. I could feel my demon side pushing me to get what I want.

I can't kill her, though, as much as I want to. No one gets away with being alive after humiliating me, but if I kill her, the crystal will lose its power, since it's now attached to the wench.

Damn monk. As soon as I figure out how to separate it from her, she's dead.

STAR'S P.O.V:

I watched the entrance anxiously, and my heart dropped when I saw the familiar fur sling. Crap... And I thought I had lost him. I gave him my famous death glare. He returned it ten-fold as he swam as fast as he could run towards me. This guy doesn't know when to give up. I tried to swim away when I realized I was trapped. It was either suffocate on land or take my chances against the demon. I was dead either way. I tried to dash around him, but he grabbed me and threw me ashore. I took one last deep breath.