30

Moonbyul POV

  The oldest smiles at me and I don't really know what else to say. The embarrassment people feel after venting starts to hit me and I softly pull away from her.

  “Do you think I could go with you today?” Yongsun says, her eyes full of hope and courage.

  “Are you sure?” I ask, getting up and patting her head. “I can go by myself and bring you the news.”

  Solar shakes her head and smiles even harder. She really wants to improve herself.

  I nod and smile back. “We should get going, or they won't let us in.”

  Yong nods at me and quickly gets up.  I wait for her to get ready and we leave the apartment.

  The car is so silent it feels like someone muted every possible sound. Even though she's showing courage, I can tell she's nervous. She hasn't been there since the first time, and now she was too afraid of what her friends would think of her.

  We get to the hospital just in time. People who came to visit are already leaving, but we still have a good hour left. The deal is always the same. As we get in, I get the cards and Yongsun waits. The first one to be visited is Wheein, then Hyejin.

  “Could we see Hyejin first?” Yong mumbles in the corridor.

  “Yeah.” I assure her, making the way to her room.

  As we get in, there's already someone waiting on the other side of the door, like they heard someone coming.

  “Finally, some company!” The youngest jumps in pure joy, hugging me. Then, she looks at Solar. They both stay put for a bit, no one dares to say or do anything.

  “Unnie.” Hyejin promptly hugs the girl. “I missed you.” Yongsun takes a while to respond, but smiles and hugs her back.

  “I was a fool for not coming all this time. I'm sorry, I kept making excuses and when I noticed... It had already been a week or so.”

  “What matters is that you're here.” She smiles. “You should go see Wheein, Byul. They'll tell you both to leave in a bit and I honestly wanna catch up with Yongsun.”

  I nod and look at the oldest. “Are you two gonna be fine? If I come back and you're crying-”

  “Go, Byul.” Solar smiles at me, her cute bunny teeth showing.

  I nod and leave the room, making my way to Wheein’s. I usually don't spend a lot of time there, since there's no one to talk to.

  “Hi, Wheein-ah.” I say, used to the sight of the girl lying in bed, unresponsive.

  I sit down on a chair next to her.

  “Another day, huh?” I hold her hand. “I would tell you about my day, but nothing special happened. I just cried a lot in front of Yongsun... If you saw her face.” I chuckle. “Apparently no one's used to see me cry.” I squeeze her hand, and it squeezes me back. The strength was barely there, but I felt it.

  I jump out of the chair, my eyes get wider and wider as I try to find the right thing to do at that moment. I call the doctors as loud as I can, and in less than a minute a nurse arrives, running.

  “I swear she squeezed my hand. I squeezed her hand and she did it back. I felt it!” I explain, while the nurse checks her vital signs.

  “She seems to be in the same condition... But we'll pay special attention after knowing this! Take it as a sign, she might wake up.” The nurse mumbles, almost to herself. I can't contain my joy, the energy inside of me makes me want to run the hospital corridors, screaming loud. Thankfully to everyone who's able to hear, I stay quiet.

  I nod at the nurse.

  “You can go now, if you want to.” She tells me, while going towards the door. “Today she gave enough signs, we should give her time and be patient.” She smiles at me and leaves.

  For a moment, I completely forget about Yongsun and Hyejin, a few corridors away, hoping for good news. The only thing I do is stare at Wheein, until she gives me another grain of hope.

  “I’ll be back tomorrow, yeah?” I kiss her forehead. “Please try to wake up.”

  I leave the room and make my way back, excited to give the girls some good news, finally.

  “You won't believe it.” I say, opening the door. I’m so excited my voice cracks every five seconds, but I can't contain it.

  Yongsun gets up from the chair she was sitting on, and Hyejin looks away from the window.

  “What? What happened?” The youngest asks, repetitively, as her eyes focus on me only. Solar does the same.

  “She squeezed my hand.” I smile as hard as I can, trying not to let any tears fall down. “She literally squeezed my hand after I squeezed hers.”

  Yongsun takes her hands to her mouth, covering it, and I can see her eyes getting brighter. She's crying.

  “Are you sure?" Hyejin asks, coming closer. “She moved?”

  I nod, happily. “I’m 100% sure. I know I've had better days, but I'm still not in the phase of making things up.”

  Hyejin falls to the ground, in tears. Her knees meeting the floor make a strong noise, but the sobbing after that is even louder. She murmurs stuff no one could understand, but I can definitely tell she's happy and grateful for these news.

I get closer to Yong and caress her soft cheek. “Please, cry.” I ask her. “Your tears are threatening to fall down, so just let them go.” I smile at the oldest and look at Hwasa, putting my hand on her shoulder.

  I stayed there, looking at them. I can say that was probably one of happiest days of our lives, ever.