48

Yongsun POV

  Morning came and the sun showed itself through the window, making Byul argue with it for a few minutes as the light hit her eyes.

  “Why does it have to be so shiny, it's like 8 in the morning...” She mumbles and turns her back to the window.

  “Always so happy” Hyejin is already making her bed. “God knows what I'd do if I had to live with this everyday” She sighs, obviously joking.

  I laugh at her comment and make my way to the tiny bathroom. There, I wash my face and look at myself in the mirror. Yesterday, I'd be getting married to a random guy and today I'm here, with my people. A feeling of relief makes me shiver.

  I leave the bathroom to find Byul getting up.

  “Good morning, angry person.” I joke, but her face remains serious. “Or... bad morning?”

  She nods. “Barely slept and this stupid sun had to interfere with the few hours I was getting” She points her middle finger at the window and yawns.

  “Ah, yes, natural stuff. Don't we all hate it when it just... exists?” The youngest makes fun of Moon and I chuckle, not trying to give too much attention to the subject.

  Not even ten minutes go by, we're all ready to leave. I wave goodbye to the bedroom as we make our way downstairs. The nice lady wishes us a good day after the checkout and we leave, hoping to never have to come back here again.

  The trip to Seoul was nice. Hyejin had to go in the backseat, but she enjoyed being treated like the young girl she is. On our way back, we ran into a tiny coffee shop, in the middle of nowhere, and got ourselves some ice cream. The music in the car was loud and the windows were open. This was almost like the family trips I'd seen in so many movies, except that Hyejin wasn't one of those kids who had to stop and throw up midway.

  No one had to tell me when we arrived, because I knew Seoul like it was my hometown. Everything about it, from the architecture to the people, screamed Seoul, and I was so happy to be there.

  “Guess we're home.” Byul said, smiling as she glanced at me. I was staring at the window, a big pure smile on my face, as the warm breeze gently caressed every inch of my exposed skin.

  Byul stops next to the company. “Hyejin, I'll take Yongsun home so she can take a shower and get comfortable. We'll be back right after, okay?”

  Hyejin nods and smiles. “Thanks for the ice cream... moms.” She chuckles and leaves the car, making her way to the company.

  “Did she just-” Byul starts.

  “It’s better if we ignore it...” I interrupt, patting her on the shoulder.

  There's a really comfortable silence in the few minutes it takes to get to my house. Byul parks the car.

  “Want me to go up with you?” She asks, facing me.

  “No” I smile. “I need some time alone, now, to realize I'm back where I belong. I'll meet you at the company in an hour or something.” I leave the car and Byul nods, smiling at me.

  “Stay safe” She says, as I make my way home.