Chapter 15- Push-Ups

"Xue Yang, wake up," Xingchen shook the man viciously.
"What?" Xue Yang sat up surprised, "What is it? Are you alright?"
"I'm hungry!" Xingchen exclaimed, "I want spicy noodles."
"What time is it?" Xue Yang asked.
"Around five," Xingchen said, "now get up and make me spicy noodles."
"Calm down or I won't do it," Xue Yang said.
"Fine," Xingchen huffed and stood up. Xue Yang followed his lead and they both went to the kitchen where Xue Yang began making spicy noodles. Xingchen sat at the table and waited patiently.
Xue Yang yawned, "I don't know why you get hungry at such unbearable hours."
"Well I'm going to be like this for a while so you better get used to it," Xingchen said.
"I know," Xue Yang said. He soon finished and Xingchen was eating the happily, "I thought spicy food was bad for pregnant people."
"It isn't bad, it's just not recommended," Xingchen said innocently.
Xue Yang sighed, "Fine, but you can't eat this all the time. You need to eat healthy."
"I will," Xingchen promised, "now be quiet and let me eat."
"Fine, fine," Xue Yang smiled and watched the man eat. Xingchen finished and Xue Yang led him outside where a-Qing and Song Lan were talking.
"Xingchen, how are you?" Song Lan asked.
"Just a little bit tired," Xingchen said.
"I'm not surprised, you woke up at five because you wanted spicy noodles," Xue Yang teased.
"Shut up, I was hungry," Xingchen said.
"I know," Xue Yang placed an arm around the man's waist protectively.
"Do you want anything else?" A-Qing asked.
"No, I think I'm fine now," Xingchen said, "just a little bored."
"We can go for a swim," Xue Yang suggested, "all of us."
Song Lan looked at a-Qing who shrugged, he nodded, "Sure."
"Great! Let's go," Xue Yang took Xingchen's hand and began walking away. They arrived at a small lake and began taking off their outer layer of clothes.
A-Qing didn't bother taking off her clothes and just waddled inside the cool water. It was a sunny day so it felt nice.
Xue Yang guided Xingchen inside and smiled when the man shivered at the cool feeling. He splashed a little bit of water on the man and laughed.
"Stop! That's cold!" Xingchen whined.
"Then how about this?" Xue Yang picked Xingchen up bridal style and set the man down in the water.
"No! Stop it!" Xingchen laughed. He pulled Xue Yang down with him and the two fell beneath the surface. They came back up laughing loudly, "Xue Yang! You idiot!"
"You're the one who pulled me down!" Xue Yang protested, laughing. He calmed down and watched Xingchen smile widely at him, he leaned in and kissed his lover softly.
Xingchen smiled into the sweet kiss and held Xue Yang's cheek gently, he pulled back, "I love you."
"I love you too YueHua," Xue Yang whispered, before splashing water on the man's face again.
"Hey!" Xingchen giggled and splashed the man back. The two played around while Song Lan and a-Qing splashed each other as well.
It was soon the afternoon and they were all laying on the grass in the sun. They were tired of playing for hours and wanted to rest.
Xingchen was laying next to Xue Yang who was sleeping. He was holding the man's face gently, he leaned in and placed a soft kiss on the man's lips, he smiled when Xue Yang kissed back unknowingly.
"YueHua," he whispered, his eyes opened and saw Xingchen, "do you need something?"
"Just wanted to know if you think we should get some food," Xingchen said.
"We probably should," Xue Yang looked at Xingchen fondly, "YueHua, do you wish you had your eyes back?"
Xingchen hesitated before answering, "Yes, I do." He put his hands down and placed them on Xue Yang's shoulder, pressing his face in the man's chest.
"I'm sorry, it's all my fault," Xue Yang whispered, "I was the one who blinded Song Lan."
"I know, and it wasn't your fault completely," Xingchen said, "I left you, and I should've known you would want to get revenge."
    "It was never your fault, I never should've wanted to get revenge on anybody," Xue Yang argued.
    "You had nobody to teach you what was right and what was wrong. I never said anything so it was my fault," Xingchen said.
    "Let's just say it was nobody's fault, we can't argue over the past," Xue Yang said, nuzzling his his face in Xingchen's sweet-smelling hair.
"Alright," Xingchen kissed the bare skin on Xue Yang's chest.
They heard footsteps running towards them, "Xue Yang! Do a push up with me on your back!" It was a-Qing.
Xue Yang groaned, "Do I have to?"
"Yes, now get up!" The girl pulled at his arm. Xue Yang nodded and let go of Xingchen who sat up and moved to the side.
Xue Yang got on the floor on his stomach and a-Qing sat on his back, holding her bamboo stick. He got up got comfortable before moving down again, his arms pulsing and his face turning a bit pink at the effort.
"You would like this Xingchen," Song Lan said, sitting next to his friend.
"Why?" Xingchen asked, "Is he good?"
"Very good," Song Lan said, "he might be able to do it with you on his back."
"Oh no! I'm getting heavier with the baby so I can't let him carry me much," Xingchen said smiling.
"You're not that heavy," Song Lan said, "maybe by a little bit but not that much."
"I am, trust me," Xingchen said shaking his head.
"Song Lan! He can actually do it!" A-Qing called to them in surprise. She was right, Xue Yang was doing the push ups effortlessly, he got the hang of it and was smiling now.
"Yeah! Now let him try it with Xingchen!" Song Lan called back.
"Zichen! What did I say?" Xingchen snapped.
"I wasn't listening," Song Lan teased.
"Yeah! Let him try it!" A-Qing scrambled down and Xue Yang laid on the floor again.
Song Lan knew Xingchen wouldn't go willingly so he picked the man up and carried him over.
"Zichen! Put me down!" Xingchen yelped. He felt himself being placed on something warm and shook his head, "No, Xue Yang you better not do anythin-hey!"
Xue Yang ignored him and went up on his arms. Xingchen gasped and held onto Xue Yang's shoulders tightly, trying to balance himself.
"Xue Yang! I told you not to!" Xingchen scolded.
"Too bad," Xue Yang smiled, "you need to eat more. You aren't heavy at all."
"Yes I am! Now put me down!" Xingchen didn't want to get down by himself in fear of hurting Xue Yang.
"Just a couple more YueHua," Xue Yang drawled. He did a couple more pushups and then stayed down, "You do some by yourself now."
"No," Xingchen said getting off the man.
"Yes."
"...fine."