Chapter 10- Twilight

It was evening and Xingchen had already taken his medicine. He was asleep when Xue Yang nudged his shoulder gently, "Xingchen, wake up."
    Xingchen sat up slowly and turned to Xue Yang, "What are you doing here?" He hissed, "Zichen is right here."
    "I don't care," Xue Yang whispered, "come on." He took Xingchen's hand and helped him stand up before leading him out the window.
    The two ran to the forest nearby and laughed loudly. Hands locked and hair flowing behind them, wind kissing their cheeks and the trees sheltering them. Nothing could be better than this.
    They stopped and Xingchen giggled, "You are insane."
    "I know," Xue Yang chuckled. He held Xingchen's hand gently and watched the man smile and giggle. He suddenly took Xingchen's waist with one hand and pulled him close.
    "Xue Yang," Xingchen whispered, "what are you doing?"
    "YueHua, I thought you would remember," Xue Yang smiled and began moving his feet to a steady rhythm. Xingchen caught on and began dancing as well, Xue Yang nodded approvingly, "See? You remember."
    "I do," Xingchen laughed softly and placed his hand on Xue Yang's shoulder. He got closer to he man and rested his head on Xue Yang's chest, he placed a gentle kiss on the exposed skin. 
    "Still the same as always YueHua," Xue Yanf chuckled, "I remember you used to always stare at me when we did this."
     "No I didn't," Xingchen argued, his cheeks hot.
     "You did, don't even try to lie to me," Xue Yang whispered, "and you used to give me little kisses and then we'd end up-"
    Xingchen covered his mouth, "Shut up," he mumbled.
    Xue Yang laughed softly and removed the hand, "Sorry, it's just fun to tease you."
    "How is it fun?" Xingchen asked.
    "You get shy, and pink and you look so cute," Xue Yang said.  
     Xingchen blushed and they danced in silence until he spoke, "Did you like my eyes?"
    Xue Yang froze, "I did, very much. Did you like mine?"
    "Yes, the red tint in them was beautiful," Xingchen said.
    "I still have it, I think I scare people sometimes," Xue Yang laughed.
"How? They look so pretty," Xingchen praised, "you really pull the look off."
"You compliment me too much," Xue Yang turned a hazy pink.
"You deserve it."
"You deserve more than me, you know that right?" Xue Yang whispered.
"I deserve only you," Xingchen said softly, "nothing but you."
"That's not true," Xue Yang murmured, "you deserve the world."
"I think you're talking about yourself," Xingchen said.
Xue Yang chuckled, "No, I'm definitely talking about you. The man who stole my heart, the one that has dark brown eyes and a small button nose. The one with those red gorgeous lips and long, soft hair." He touched the man's features with soft hands as he said this.
Xingchen blushed and smiled, "You're the one who compliments me too much."
"Can't help it," Xue Yang smiled, "I missed you."
"I'm sure you did," Xingchen said, "but that doesn't mean you have to make me feel like this."
"How? Shy? In love?" Xue Yang whispered and leaned on Xingchen's head, "Do you fall for me even more when I say these things?"
"Maybe."
"Then answer me this," Xue Yang murmured, "do you feel butterflies when I'm around you?"
"Yes."
"Do you feel your heart fluttering when I speak?"
"Yes," Xingchen's voice got softer as he answered the questions.
"When I kiss you, do you feel weak?"
"Yes," Xingchen's voice was barely audible.
"Then yes, you are in love," Xue Yang kissed Xingchen's cheek softly before moving away. He led Xingchen to a tree near a lake that was close by, and sat down in between the roots. He let Xingchen lean on his chest and wrapped his arms around the man in white.
   "Xue Yang," Xingchen whispered.
    "Mn?"
    "I love you," Xingchen shyly hid his face in the man's chest.
     "Say it again," Xue Yang said cheekily.
    "I love you," Xingchen repeated, his voice muffled.
    "Again."
    "I love you."
    "Again."
    "I love you," Xingchen pressed a kiss on the man's chest. Xue Yang smiled and grabbed Xingchen's chon, he raised the man's head and leaned down, kissing him gently.
    Xingchen kissed back equally as gentle and smiled. He liked it when Xue Yang was gentle with him, when he pampered him and cuddled him. He pulled back from the kiss, "I love you."
   "I love you too YueHua," Xue Yang whispered.
   "I love you more," Xingchen argued.
   "No, I do," Xue Yang said, "nobody could love you more than me."
    "Sure," Xingchen chuckled and laid his head back down. "Why did you go off with another girl?"
"I never did," Xue Yang said.
"Yes you did."
"No, she tried to get with me. She was the one who kissed me, I never did anything," Xue Yang insisted.
Xingchen went silent, "Did that really happen?"
"Yeah," Xue Yang nodded.
"I'm sorry," Xingchen whispered, "I never should've jumped to conclusions."
"It's fine," Xue Yang tightened his grip on the small waist, "I understand why you would think of that."
"I'm so irresponsible," Xingchen murmured.
"No you're not," Xue Yang said, "you just had too many emotions running high."
"I still shouldn't have assumed anything." Xingchen sighed sadly.
"Don't worry too much about it," Xue Yang whispered in his ear, "just relax and then we'll go back."
And that's what they did. Xingchen felt at peace with his lover for the first time in a while. The two then walked back, but they didn't part ways. They went to the same room again, on accident of course, they didn't want Song Man catching them.
Xue Yang hugged Xingchen close to him as he slept while Xingchen snuggled his face in the man's chest. He felt something fall on his cheek and raised a hand to touch it, it was the necklace.
He smiled gently and held the necklace im his hand as he slept through the night.