Chapter 13- Bleed

Xue Yang did as he promised. He would talk to Song Lan every day to learn at least one new thing about the man. He wasn't happy about it of course, but he did it anyway, for Xingchen.
"Song Lan, what's your favorite color?" He asked.
"Black," the man replied coldly, "now shut up."
"No, YueHua asked me to get to know you and that's what I'm doing," Xue Yang said.
"Well I don't want to get to know you," Song Lan spat, "now leave."
   "No, what's your favorite food?" Xue Yang asked.
    "Leave!" Song Lan drew his sword and attacked Xue Yang who moved to the side easily.
   "Calm down," Xue Yang sighed, "I was only trying to see if I could make you food."
   "I don't want food from you," Song Lan snapped, "now get out of my sight!"
   Xue Yang rolled his eyes, "I don't think YueHua would be very happy to hear you saying that."
    "Don't call him that!" Song Lan yelled.
    "Why not? Nobody else does it, why can't I?" Xue Yang asked innocently.
     "Because! You aren't worthy!"
    "Who said he isn't worthy?" A voice came from behind them. The two turned around to see a-Qing standing there.
     "A-Qing, why do you say that?" Song Lan asked.
     "He is more than worthy of being with him, and calling him that name," the young girl said.
     "Why? All he does is bring trouble to Xingchen, he blinded him!" Song Lan exclaimed.
     "No, he was blinded because he gave his eyes to you," Xue Yang snapped.
     "And why did he give them to me? Why did I loose my eyes?" Song Lan challenged.
    "You-!" A-Qing started but stopped, the man had a fair point.
    "I blinded you because I was out for revenge," Xue Yang explained, "and wasn't it you who told him that you will never cross paths again?" Song Lan went silent and looked down, Xue Yang smiled, "That's what I thought, now tell me, why did you come back and look for him?"
     "I...I..." Song Lan trailed off.
     "You were too blinded by anger? Grieving?" Xue Yang taunted, "You didn't know what you were saying?"
     "Shut up!" Song Lan attacked Xue Yang again.
     This time Xue Yang drew his sword and blocked the hit. Song Lan grew furious and attacked harder, he aimed for Xue Yang's chest and neck.
    But the man knew these tricks, the Snow White Pavilion had used them all the time. He dodged all the blows and began attacking lazily, he didn't have to work hard to win against Song Lan.
    "What are you two doing?!" A voice yelled, and it wasn't a-Qing.
    Xue Yang stopped but Song Lan didn't. He struck forward and stabbed Xue Yang's stomach, causing the man to waver. Song Lan pulled he sword out and Xue Yang stumbled back to the wall.  
    He turned to Xingchen and weakly said, "YueHua, you need to get your friend in control."
   "Zichen, come here," Xingchen ordered. The said man put his sword away and walked to him, "What did you do to Xue Yang?"
   "I stabbed him," Song Lan said.
    "What?! Xue Yang, come here and let me treat the wound," Xingchen said worried.
    Xue Yang gripped his stomach and stalked over, "I'm fine, it's just a small wound."  
   "A-Qing, bring me the supplies," Xingchen said. The girl rushed away and came back after a while with some cloths. She placed them in his hand and he nodded, "Thank you."
   He felt Xue Yang's abdomen and felt the blood pumping from the deep wound. He frowned and began wrapping the man's waist tightly.
   "Thank you, YueHua," Xue Yang said, staring at the man fondly.
   Xingchen tightened the knot causing Xue Yang to wince, "Better learn your lesson next time, don't make Zichen mad all the time."
   "I didn't! I was just trying to get to know him and he got mad," Xue Yang explained.
   "Zichen, is this true?" Xingchen asked.
    "Depends if you're going to take his side or not," Song Lan said.
    Xingchen sighed, "I think both of you are at fault here. Xue Yang you know to not talk to Zichen too much, because he gets angered easily. And Zichen, you shouldn't have hurt Xue Yang, no matter how mad you are."
    "I'm sorry YueHua," Xue Yang mumbled. He hugged the man's waist gently and nuzzled his face in Xingchen's neck.
    "Me too I guess," Song Lan sighed, "I won't do it again."
    "Good, now let's eat. I made some soup for us," Xingchen said, and walked away with Xue Yang clinging on to him.
    Xue Yang let go once they were in the kitchen and sat down. A-Qing skipped in and helped Xingchen serve the food for everyone, she always liked helping Xingchen with things.
   They served the food and Xue Yang smiled, "It's good."
   "Thank you," Xingchen said softly, "it took a while to make."
   "It was worth it," Xue Yang said, eating more from his bowl. He soon finished and started asking for more, "Please, YueHua! It's so good!"
    "There is nothing left a-Yang," Xingchen said softly, "you finished it all. Now stop complaining and go to sleep, it's getting late."
    Xue Yang sighed, "Fine, but tomorrow you're teaching me how to do it."
   "Yes, of course," Xingchen said, "now go sleep." Xue Yang left for his room leaving Xingchen alone with Song Lan and a-Qing.
   "I should get going as well," a-Qing said, "goodnight." She left the room with her bamboo stick in hand.
   "Zichen, I still want to stay here," Xingchen said once she was out of earshot.
    "Why? Is it because of the baby? You can stay with me and I can be the father for them," Song Lan said.
    "What about Xue Yang? Shouldn't he get to see his child? Shouldn't he be able to raise them?" Xingchen asked.
    "He doesn't deserve it," Song Lan said, "all he's done is hurt you."
    "He has never hurt me," Xingchen said, "I only misunderstood."
    "How do you know?"
    "Because he told me the truth," Xingchen replied, "he said that she was the one who kissed him and everything. It was her fault, not his."  
    "How do you know he isn't lying to you?" Song Lan asked.
    "His voice sounded the same. When Xue Yang lies his voice gets higher," Xingchen explained.
    Song Lan sighed, "I just hope you don't get hurt again."