Chapter 28- Puppet

"Calm down," Wei Ying said, "Jiang Cheng isn't saying your brother is at fault."
"Sounds like he is," Yue said.
"I am," Jiang Cheng said, "what about it? He is Xue Yang's som, he must carry the ability to use the Yin Iron."
"Baba won't let us touch it," Chenxing said looking at the older man, "he doesn't even allow himself to touch it." His red eyes glinting in the light were filled with anger, which began to scare Jiang Cheng.
"Fine," he scoffed, "then who is it?"
"Nobody here," Xue Yang said, "we're all on the same side so why would anyone do it."
"Unless there's a traitor," a man said. Xue Yang held back a groan and sat down, he began drinking from the jar of alcohol.
There came a sudden noise from outside. Everyone turned to the door and saw multiple puppets walking in, their groans echoing around the room.
Everyone drew their swords and stood before the puppets. Yue smirked and ran to the front, his brother following close behind.
Xue Yang stood beside them and pressed his necklace two times, a sudden energy flew through him and the Yin Iron appeared in his hand.
Wei Ying took his flute out and stood next to the man. They nodded at each other and turned to the puppets that were charging towards them.
Xue Yang lifted the rock and focused on what the puppets should do. He got around half of them to leave and Wei Ying got the other half. But a few stayed behind and attacked them.
He drew his sword and fought the few close to him. One of them got a bit close to Jin Ling so he rushed over and killed it in a flash.
Yue and Chenxing killed the rest and returned to the group.
"Didn't you say you didn't have it?" Jiang Cheng asked, stepping forward.
"This was only half of it," Xue Yang said, "my necklace allows me to use a bit of it."
"How did you control them?" Jiang Cheng said.
"The same way Wei Wuxian does it, except I don't use music," Xue Yang explained. The rock disappeared from his hand and he put the necklace under his clothes, so that it was laying on his chest.
"They helped us," Wangji said calmly, "they are no threat."
"Yeah," Changming said, "we can't be accusing each other. They are here to help, and Xue Yang saved Jin Ling."
Jiang Cheng looked down in shame, the boy was right. He looked back up, "Fine, maybe it's not him. Then who could it be?"
"Maybe there are more pieces of the Yin Iron," Yue suggested.
"Maybe," Chenxing said, taking his fan out and fanning himself, "but where could it be?
And who has it?"
"I don't know," Yue shrugged, "but they must be close."
"Everyone can stay here for now," Xichen announced, "I will open up some rooms and you can stay here."
"Thank you Zewu Jun," Wei Ying said, he bowed along with everyone else and they all left the room.
The juniors grabbed Yue and Chenxing and Jingyi went to Xue Yang, "We're going to borrow your children for a while. We need to ask them a few questions to get to know them."
"Make sure they're safe," Xue Yang said, "if something happens to them I'm killing your whole clan."
"Y-yes sir," Jingyi stuttered. He ran away and went to the trees behind Cloud Recesses, where the bunnies were, "He said yes!"
"Really?" Yue asked, "Yes!"
"Calm down," Chenxing said, "don't scare them away." He picked up a bunny and placed it on his lap, petting it softly.
Yue took one in his own arms and pet gently. He giggled, "They're cute."
"Yes," Sizhui said, "I grew up with them so I eat a lot of carrots now."
"Really?" Yue asked.
"Yeah," Jin Ling said, "he does." He looked at Sizhui, who was looking at the bunny, and smiled.
Shanghai took the bunny from Chenxing and pulled the young man up. He dragged him to a stream and pushed him in.
Chenxing gasped and stood up in the water, moving the hair away from his face. "Chenxing!" Yue called out.
Yue ran over and helped his brother out of the water. He turned to Shanghai who was laughing and raised a hand to slap him, but was stopped, "A-Yue, calm down. It was only a prank."
"But it was rude!" Yue exclaimed.
"It's fine, let me take care of it," Chenxing said calmly. Yue reluctantly nodded and moved to the side where Changming touched his shoulder comfortingly.
Chenxing glared at Shanghai who flinched at the gaze. He stepped closer to the now trembling boy and grabbed his neck, pushing him back into a tree.
Shanghai started gasping for air and tried to move the hand. "I'm...sorry..."
"Do you understand what you did was wrong?" Chenxing asked, his face calm but eyes angry. Hie red eyes glinted under the moonlight, the anger shining brightly.
"Yes," Shanghai gasped out.
"Good, if you do that to me or anyone else again, I won't go easy on you," Chenxing released the boy who fell to his knees.
He stalked off with Yue who looked at him admiringly.
They were followed, however, by Changming and Shanghai. "What now?" Yue groaned.
"I want him to properly apologize," Changming said.
Shanghai bowed and said hoarsely, "I'm sorry for being rude, it won't happen again."
"It's fine," Chenxing said, "I heard many great things about you, but your pranking needs to stop."
"It will! I promise!" Shanghai exclaimed. He stood up straight, "Are you cold?"
"A little bit," Chenxing admitted.
"Here," Shanghai took off his outer layer of clothes and gave them to Chenxing, "you can change into this."
"No, it's fine," Chenxing said, "I can just go and change."
"Please, take it as an apology," Shanghai insisted.
Chenxing sighed, "Fine." He took off his outer layer of clothes and looked down in embarrassment. He put on the clothes and folded his own, "Thank you."
"No problem," Shanghai smiled widely. He put his arm around Chenxing who moved away, he frowned and did it again.
"Please don't touch me," Chenxing said calmly.
"Sorry," Shanghai mumbled.
Yue put an arm around his brother who simply sighed. Yue smiled and they continued walking away.