Adjustment

THE NEXT FEW DAYS WERE HARD FOR DEAN TO ADJUST TO LUNA. IT WAS HARD FOR Luna to adjust to him. She was quiet, didn't speak much to him. Sam spoke to her and she kept the conversation going, but once Dean walked in she went quiet.

She was ordering food as Dean and Sam sat alone at the booth.

"She keeps being weird." Dean told Sam.

"I'm pretty sure you're making it weird." Sam says giving him a look.

"I'm not. It's her." Dean argues.

"Actually it's you. Her being intimidated by you, and you're not very friendly looking." Sam says taking Luna's side.

"Friendly looking?" Dean asks.

"You're not approachable," Sam clarifies. Dean looks at him and nods saying 'huh'. Luna arrives after ordering, she sits next to Dean. She pulls out a crossword puzzle and begins to do it, Sam and Dean shared a look. Dean sighs and given in.

"Whatcha' got there?" Dean asks.

"Crossword puzzle." She says not looking up. "Mom liked them." She says and Dean nods. He knows about Camila's love for crossword puzzles. They waited in silence for the food, when the food arrived, Sam took noticed of how much they both ate alike. Luna was cleaner than Dean but they still ate the same way, he laughed a little to himself causing Dean and Luna to look at him with a 'what' expression.

"Nothing," Sam says, Dean and Luna nod and they turn to look at each other, and then go back to eating. Sam smirks at the interaction.

          SAM AND LUNA SAT TOGETHER ON A BENCH, DEAN HAD GONE SOMEWHERE TO ask someone questions. She had been telling Sam about her life with her mom, her mom always said her uncle and her would get along well, and not she was here talking to him.

"I want a normal like I had with mom and uncle Luke." Luna told Sam honestly, she didn't like hunting but it had become her life. She didn't want to come off as disrespectful to Dean, even if she said the comment when they met.

"I never got a normal life, I always wanted one." Sam says, "and I left for college and didn't look back. After my dad went missing and Dean went looking for me. I came back."

"You think that will happen to me?" She asks.

"I don't know." Sam says, "But your mom got out for a reason,"

"She lied to me, she never mentioned me. She didn't tell him about my existence and she lied to me. She lied about so many things." She says clearly hurt.

"I knew Camila, she would only lie if it was for the best, she did it to protect you." Sam says trying to ease her.

"She did to protect herself, the only male figure in my life was uncle Luke. He went hunting." She says and it seems to click in her head. "He went hunting." She sights, "Great he lied too. Everyone has." She says looking at the ground, she is angry with her mother for lying about her father knowing about her.

      DEAN SAT DOWN ON THE CHAIR INSIDE THE MOTEL ROOM. LUNA WAS SITTING on the bed resting, as the doctors orders, after taking her to the doctors. Luna didn't know exactly how to act in front of him. She was shy, which was weird for her, she's never really been shy. She just wanted her dad to like her and, after seeing how he reacted to her being kidnapped by djinn and him draining her. Dean went into protective dad mode. He hasn't let her out of his sights, he felt as if it was his fault in some way. For not being able to protect her before it happened.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Luna asks. Dean looks up and nods. "How do you do this?" She asks, catching Dean off guard.

"I just do, Luna." He says honestly.

"I can't do this, mom didn't want this life for me, she got out for a reason? Right?" Luna asks. "She said, you knew but it's obvious you didn't. She told this story about how you and her decided it would be the best for me not to be raised in this life." She adds.

"She left me, it was after a hunt, she did the research. She stayed back, I had feeling that she would do something." Dean says, this intrigues Luna. It's her dad's version of what happened. "When we went to bed and then I woke up she was gone, her things were gone. She left no trace of her, besides this letter saying not to look for her. I called Luke and he said he had no idea, I'm assuming he found out where she was." He adds looking at Luna, studying her facial expressions.

"Uncle Luke and us, we lived in a small town in California, we moved there after I was born. It was where we lived." She says. "We need to find out what happened, they just killed her and left her there. Uncle Luke and everyone working in the garage died, I overheard mom and Lily talking, Luke wasn't supposed to be there, he was supposed to go on a trip with Lily. He went because Derek lost his keys, Luke gave him his." She says grabbing something from her bag. It was a journal and a USB flash drive. Dean gets up and she hands it to him, "this is everything mom had on the accident. Someone broke her computer, she made a copy and hid it." She says as she feels tears guiding up. "She knew something was going to happen, and they killed her. They left her like she was nothing. You need to find who did and make them pay." She says as tears slip, and Dean wraps his arms around her. "They killed my mom." She says between sobs, Dean holds her closely and kisses her head trying to calm her down.

"I'll find them, I'll make them pay." Dean promises. "I need to get you somewhere safe, I'll take care of it." Dean promises kissing the top of her head.

           THE THREE WINCHESTER'S RODE IN SILENCE, UNTIL THE ARRIVED TO BOBBY'S place. The three stepped out and Dean had made his way to Bobby who was standing at his doorway.  They had talked over the phone and Luna couldn't help but feel a little sad. After the moment her dad and her shared, she knew she could count on him. Bobby greeted Luna with a nod and she smiles at him. He showed her a room where she could place her things, Bobby, and Sam got her a new identity with the help of Jody.

Daniela Winchester. Luna read in her mind, "please don't call me Daniela." She told the three older males. They all nod, "I definitely prefer Luna." She adds.

"Okay, Luna." Sam says making Luna smiles. Sam said his goodbyes to her as Bobby and Dean talked.

Dean and Luna stand by baby and he was telling her to behave. She wrapped her arms around him and she said okay.

"Dad, take care. Okay?" She says and he feels his world stop, it was the first time she called him Dad. She usually call him Dean, and he nodded. They finished their goodbye and he held closely before she went inside with Bobby.

Dean and Sam were in Baby as they drive off, Sam smiles at Dean.

"Dad Dean." Sam teases.

Dean can't help but smile, "shut up, or I'll tell my kid."

Sam laughs a little and nods.

Words 1278
I like this one, Luna and Dean have a moments and she called him dad. Don't forget to vote, comment, and share. Check out my other stories, and stay safe. Do y'all use tumblr, drop your user.
Updated December 02, 2020