Little Moon

A NINE YEAR OLD LUNA SAT IN FRONT OF HER MOTHER, UNCLE LUKE, HER CLOSEST friends: Eric, and Meredith, and her entire baseball teammates. Merediths mother, Joanna thought it would be a great idea to celebrate the girl's birthday and win for their gymnastics competition and their upcoming baseball game. Luna was still taking ballet classes, and Camila made sure to keep her schedule on track, Luna absolutely adored doing all three. Meredith ended up joining Luna in ballet, and the girls shared the bond for it. Eric was on their baseball team and the three had been in kindergarten together up to now.

Joanna, Luke, and Camila helped set everything up for the party in Camila's backyard. Luna was smiling playing with her friends. After waiting for a few, the kids ran to bouncy house, some of them played games outside.

"Thank you for helping today." Camila smiles at Joanna and Luke. "I appreciate it, Luna and I do." She smiles.

"It's no problem, Luna is wonderful. She deserves it."  Joanna smiles.

"She does." Luke smiles.

"Well, either way thank you." Camila smiles.

Luna sat in front of her cake, as everyone sang happy birthday. Joanna took pictures, and Luna smiles widely.

Eric, Meredith and Luna sat together after everyone left. They were the three left, and were eating cake. Luna opened her gifts.

"I hope you like mine." Eric smiles nervously.

"I'm sure I will." Luna smiles missing the look Meredith and Eric shared. She opens it, finding new brushes for her art supplies. Luna smiles excitingly before embracing Eric in a hug. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

"You should of opened mine first, man." Meredith says making the trio laugh. Luna finds the one in Merediths hand writing. She opens it and finds a book. "The book I wanted. You remembered." Luna smiles.

"Of course, look inside." Meredith says, she looks inside of it, seeing an address.

"What's this?" Luna asks.

"You mentioned wanting to meet your dad, I found an address. My cousin Leo helped me, he's a hacker." Meredith says.

Luna glares at her, "You have no right Meredith!" Luna says angrily.

"I thought you wanted this." Meredith says.

"No, I don't. If he wanted to know me he'd be here." Luna lied, she knew she couldn't tell her what her mother told her. She promised she wouldn't tell, for the sake of everyone and her fathers. "Don't go snooping in my life, for my dad. I just made a stupid wish on a stupid shooting star. You don't know shit about my dad."

"Well now you can know! What your mom doesn't tell you!" Meredith yells back angrily. The adults heard this, making their way to them.

"She tells me the truth!" Luna yells back, Eric looks between his best friends.

"Guys, maybe we just forget about it?" He asks.

"No!" They both yell at him before turning to glare at each other.

"What's going on?" Joanna asks.

"Meredith, went snooping to find my dads address. But she doesn't know he died, earlier this year." Luna says, and Meredith understands. Camila doesn't know how she found out.

"Luna." Meredith says.

"You can go." Luna says walking to her room. Camila follows her upstairs, Luke stays with Joanna, reassuring them it's okay. Joanna takes Eric and Meredith home, after apologizing to Luke.