24

I was standing alone at the side with my arms crossed while I had a small smile on my lips. I was looking at the people who were busy taking pictures and the others that were talking to each other.

Today is the opening of my café. I was happy because I finally got to open my own café, the one I've been dreaming of, but there was this space inside of me that felt empty. I already knew what it was and I can't help but feel sad every time I think about it.

It's been a few weeks since Jericho and I broke up. I was trying not to think about what happened. It's not like I'm trying to move on, it's just that whenever I think about it, I feel down and I feel like I'm about to cry, kaya pinipili kong 'wag isipin.

"Esme!" I turn around when I heard someone called my name, si Sasy pala. She stood beside me and imitated what I was doing, observing the people in front of me.

"Oh, why are you here lang?" she asked. "Doon tayo, oh!" She pointed at the front near the table filled with different flavored cupcakes.

"Nothing. I'm appreciating the view from here," I said. "Sarap sa feeling na ang daming pumunta."

"Sure ako mas madami pa 'to sa sunod! I love the chocolate cake, by the way. Ang soft and super chocolatey talaga!" she said dreamingly. "Bobo, chocolate cake nga," she roasted herself.

Tinawanan ko naman siya at inangkla ang kamay sa isang braso niya. I smiled at her and she smiled back. We were just standing there in silence, all we could hear was the music being played from the speakers and the soft murmurs of the people.

"Ay," biglang sabi niya na parang may naalala. "How did you thought of the name? And literal ba siya? Mahina," she asked out of curiosity.

"To be honest, I'm not quite sure too," I said and laughed. "I think it was when I was driving on my way home when suddenly I saw the moon. It was big, full moon pala no'n," pagpapaliwanag ko. "Wala lang na appreciate ko 'yon and I also really love the moon," I added.

Sabi ko nga dati, akala ko sinusundan ako ng buwan tuwing naglalakad ako, pero hindi pala. Nakikita ko lang siya pero sa iba pala ang punta niya. At hindi ko iyon maaabot. Masyadong malayo.

"Eh, bakit Mahina?"

"Oh, it's the hawaiian term of moon. Mahina," the words rolled down my tongue smoothly. "And it can mean a lot of things. Moon represents a lot."

I smiled at her kaya napabuntong-hininga siya. We talked about the food instead because we felt quite bummed out with that simple conversation. She loved the dessert very much, mahilig kasi talaga siya ng mga cake kaya maappreciate niya talaga 'to.

"And, the—" She stopped talking and her eyes widened in surprise. I looked at where she was looking at natawa naman ako agad.

Cali was panicking, like legit, as she apologized to the waiter that was holding a tray with a few drinks in it. Muntik na niya kasi itong mabangga because he passed by in front of her. She didn't noticed it because she was too occupied with her camera. And of course, Cali is a really clumsy person.

"Let's go," aya ko at hinila si Sasy papunta sa kinaroroonan ni Cali.

It was around afternoon when I gave my speech and thank everyone who came to the opening of my small café. Doon na rin kami kumain ng lunch nila Cali and Sasy. Raya was busy today, I think she had a photoshoot. Marco was busy with med school.

And just like that the days passed by smoothly. The next thing I know is that we were planning for Christmas. I went to the mall to check out presents for my friends and family. I went home after that and I decided to take a rest. I finished wrapping all the gifts so I didn't have anything to do anymore.