EPILOGUE

"Nice one, Luisito!"

I almost rolled my eyes when I heard that. I wasn't sure if Sasy was teasing me or was just encouraging me. No, seriously. Anong nice one? Nahulog ako sa dagat, nice ba 'yon?!

"You really won't help me?" I asked when I reached her side. Medyo kupas naman kasi 'tong surfing skills ko ngayon. The surf competition was near. I really needed help.

"Shortboard? Nah." She shook her head. "Kay Marco ka pa-help," she said and started paddling to the shore.

I sighed and followed her. Cali was already done a few minutes ago and was just sitting on the sand, waiting for us. "My arm hurts," she said and massaged her arm.

"Tanggalin mo, sis," I joked. She just smiled at me and stood up, bringing her board with her. Grabe iyon! Hindi man lang natawa sa akin?!

I saw a few friends along the way to Santahana, where we were going to have breakfast. Cali was busy with her camera. I think she was vlogging. She was saying a lot of things and I just wanted to laugh at her.

"Say hi to the vlog, Echo!" she said and pointed the camera in my direction.

"Jericho nga pala. Surfer na, sweet lover pa!" I smirked at the camera. Cali shook her head and frowned. "Oh ano, Calista? Sabihin mong mali ako!"

"Napakacorny," Sasy commented. Cali went back to talking to the camera so I went near Sasy.

"Sasy, I'm serious," I said, pertaining to helping me out with my surf tricks.

"Gago, Echo. Ihahampas ko sa 'yo itong board ko kapag 'di ka tumigil," banta niya.

"Napaka damot mo. Sabi mo best friend mo ako? Tapos ngayon, ayaw mo akong pagbigyan?" pag-iinarte ko at ngumuso.

"Tanginang, sadboy ka," iritadong sabi niya. Tinawanan ko naman siya at inakbayan.

"Sige na ba, babe. Lilibre kita ng pagkain," I bribed. Mukhang pagkain 'to, eh. "Tska, crush mo ako dati, 'di ba? Ayaw mong tulungan ex crush mo?" I teased her.

"Jusko. Ang annoying mo," sabi niya at siniko ako sa tagiliran. She harshly removed my arm around her shoulder and quicken up her pace.

"Sige na ba. Tulungan mo ako!" pilit ko pa. At this point, I was just annoying her.

"I can't nga. Wala akong future sa shortboard. Kaya mo iyan. Ikaw pa, pagka marajaw ra nimo!" she encouraged.

"Come on, Sasy."

"If I'm a pro, I'll definitely help you. But sorry ka, pareho tayong palpak diyan."

We walked to a table where one of our... friend was sitting. Nauna silang umupo sa tapat ni Esme. I sat down beside her since there was no other seat available. Ngumuso naman ako para matago ang ngisi.

Ang ganda. Crush ko 'to, eh!

"Fuck," I hissed when Esme accidentally let go of her glass dahil sa sinabi ni Sasy.

Cali was laughing for some reason kaya tiningnan ko siya ng masama. "Oops," Cali said and acted like she just zipped her mouth before looking away and started laughing again.

"Oh my god. Sorry!" sabi ni Esme at nagmamadaling lumapit sa 'kin para punasan ang katawan ko. Nagulat ako room at hindi nakagalaw.

Uy, si crush tsansing!

Natauhan naman ako noong malapit na sa tiyan ko ang kamay niya. Hinawakan ko iyon at agad na nilayo sa akin. Tiningnan niya ako gamit ang maamo niyang mga mata. She looked confused and in shock.