Ch.5 Reason to die

Izuku Pov:

" Ever since I could remember I have always wanted nothing more than to become a hero, just like All Might. Saving everyone with a smile on my face. "

" Wanted? As in you don't want to anymore? " I nob sadly to his question.

" I also had a really awesome childhood best friend. We used to play together if you see one of us the other one will not be far behind, we were the best of friends never without the other...

He was strong and brave the wood that I find you in was where we made a promise to each other, a promise that we will become heroes together... " I stop for a little bit, remembered the good old time where I was still happy and seen as a human being and not something less, and give some time for him to take in as he nob I start my sad life story again.

" But sadly that promise will never come true since I'm quirkless, and he has a powerful and flashy quirk perfect for being a hero...

So he left me behind...

I mean why would someone like him want to be with a quirklss freak like me...

He was like my opponent, he was everything I wanted to be and my first love... "

" What do you mean by left you behind? " He asks again I can hear the anger he tries to hide, and I just let out a sad smile at the thought of him willing to be mad at Kacchan for me...

" At first all he did was stop playing or talking to me. Then he started calling me names like Deku, that the one he loves the most out of all the nicknames he gives me...

It means useless. It is a perfect fit for a useless person like me right? That is what he calls me nowadays..." I said sadly then I feel his hand on mine

" You are not useless Izuku...you were never useless and you will never be " he said softly somehow his word warm my heart who would have thought I would hear those kind words from a villain...

" Then middle school started it also when he starts using his quirk on me, using me as a personal punching bag. Beating me up daily with his follower, making my life a living hell even after all that I still loved him...

Until that day I save you... "

" What did he do if you don't mind me asking? I mean after all the horrible things he did to you, you still loved him so what change your mind? You don't look like you're the type to give up easily." He asks so softly as if I could break easily and he is not wrong on that.

" He knew I loved him. So that day he told me after my daily beating, if I ever want to be with him or be a hero I should just take a swan dive off the roof and hope in my next life I will have a quirk and become someone who worthy for his love. " I can feel a small tear rolling down my cheek just remember those words hurt so much.

" Don't cry for an asshole like him, you are so much better than him. You still have your family right?" He told me as he uses his finger to rub my tear away.

" Thank you but sadly no. My father left as soon as he heard the news of me being quirkless, saying he will not have a useless son and soon after my mother stops caring about me. She still feeds me and gives me a roof over my head, but she just stops loving me or seeing me as her son anymore...

the moment I was labelled as quirkless it was the moment I have lost everything...

I have been living like this since I was 4, it has been 9 years since I have everything ripped away from me...

I just can't do this anymore and to top it all off I med All Might that day as well...

I asked him can someone quirkless be a hero do you know what he says? " I ask him with a soft smile on my face. I don't know why but it feels nice to finally have someone to tell all this to.

" I guess he says no? " He answers.

" Hehe, he did tell me that but what hurts the most is that he also laughs in my face for asking it. On top of laughing in my face, he told me just how useless quirkless people are...

At that moment my last hope was gone...

Broken into many pieces I have no reason to live anymore...

I have no friends, no family, no dream...

That is why I jumped that day, because there is no reason for me to be alive anymore.

I have no friends that care about me, no family to love me or a dream to work hard for..." I look at him taking in my life story then he nob softly.

" I can see why you want to die. I can still give you that if you so truly wanted it, but I can offer you something much better." He told me as he holds onto my hand.

" What can you offer someone as useless as me? The best option for someone like me is to die, after all, there's a reason why people like me don't live long. " I ask him with a sad smile on my face.

" I can offer you a new life, a reason to live for. A life that is different than the one you used to." He told me looking right into my eyes I can tell he is not joking.

" W...what do you mean..." I ask not believing what I'm hearing. For once someone who knows I'm quirkless, and how pitiful I am still wanting me to live?

" If you want I can give you a place here in this house of mine. You can join this family of misfits and make friends here Hari has already taken a liking to you. After all he can be your first real friend and you can work here and work toward our goal to make a better world, a world where quirks don't mean everything... " he still held onto my hands, as if I would be gone if he let go.

" Just...who are you? " He looks at me for a bit as if thinking should he answer it.

" I'm the leader of a Yakuza group called the Shie Hassaikai I go by the name Overhaul." He told me who he is and I can't believe that this guy here really is a villain, but yet unlike everyone I have met so far he is the kindest.

" Are you scared of me? " I shake my head no

Why would I be scared of him?

" How so? I'm a villain you know. That day when you find me in the wood I was the one who made that mess " He asks and I can see the curiosity in his eyes.

" You may be a villain who has killed many but you're the very first person that sees me as another human being after knowing I'm quirkless, and on top of that you did not make fun of me or hurt me. " I smile softly giving him a real smile, that I have not been smiling for a long time and I can tell he was shocked.

" There is no reason for me to be scared of you at all if you really do want to hurt me you will have done it a long time ago and not sitting here listening to my life story, you're kind and understanding. You keep on telling me things I never think anyone would tell me...

Telling me that I'm normal or telling me to live...or even me not being useless...

I never think anyone would ever say anything like that to me until I met you." My smile never left my face for some reason when I am with him I just feel so safe and comfortable.

" If I was saved by a hero I mostly would still want to die, but for some reason after talking to you and hearing you want me to keep on living. I somehow change my mind." I told him what is on my mind

" Do that mean... "

" Yes, I'll be happy to take your offer." I nob softly and to my surprise, he smiles at my answer even if he is wearing a mask.

" That good to hear Izuku from now on you will be part of my family. "

" Please take care of me. " I smile a real smile after so long this villain manages to remind me how to smile a real smile.

____________________________________

Hi everyone! Thank you all so much for reading this story it has already hit over 1K!! I love you all so much!!

So I am just trying to get all the sad stuff out the way so we can see our mama bird new life and AssMight I mean All Might going down

Sorry boom boom boy but you will not be the reason All Might is put in retirement 💖