𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

The clock read 6:30 am, 5 more minutes until Sal Fisher's alarm would go off. He decided to get up early, rubbing the tiredness out of his eyes. Just as Sal thought his sleep schedule would fix itself it just got worse.

Nightmares kept him awake, they were impacting his health. Good thing it was Friday. Maybe this weekend he could get some sleep.

Swinging his feet over the bed, Sal jumped down. Gizmo was almost instantly at his feet, begging for food. Sal knew his dad was at work, there was a note on his bedside table.

Sighing, Sal put it down and walked into the kitchen, grabbing Gizmo's food and his own.

Looking out of the frosty window, Sal watched as the sky began to lighten. Even though it was normally dark in winter, a little sliver of the sun rise peeked over the town.

This week wasn't fun, with all of the tests, asshole teachers, and asshole students at his school, Sal was ready for the weekend.

Setting out his breakfast he began to eat. Losing his appetite quickly, Sal washed his bowl out and walked to the bathroom.

Sal averted his eyes away from the mirror, not wanting to see his ugly, scarred face. He began brushing his teeth and hair, putting his glass eye in, and walking to his room to put on clothes.

Slowly turning to the door, he was startled by Gizmo.

"Jesus Christ Gizzy, you almost gave me a heart attack!" Sal scratched between Gizmo's ears as the cat gave a content purr.

"I'll put on some cartoons for you, come on." The blue haired boy said, patting a spot beside him on the couch.

"You gonna hop up? Or are you gonna be a lazybones?" Gizmo turned his head away. Sal groaned, picking up the cat and plopping him on the couch. Gizmo almost looked accomplished.

Accomplished for what? Being a lazy fat cat? Sal smiled, that was a good one. A buzz from his walkie talkie indicated that Larry was up.

"Hey Sally Face, you up?"

"Hey Larry Face, yup I'm up."

"Alright cool, meet me at the door in 10. Don't forget to talk about Ashley all the way to school."
Larry clicked off. Sal swore he heard Todd cackle in the background. That asshole knew one of Sal's smart remarks were coming.

Sal switched on a random channel for Gizmo and walked out of the apartment. Striding down the long hall and into the elevator.

Sal got a chill up his spine. Either someone just turned the elevator into a freezer, or there was a ghost. Sal excitedly pulled out the gearboy but nothing happened.

"Aw man, I guess this is just a freezer." He frowned. Rubbing his arms, he went down to the door. Spotting Larry, but no Todd.

"You fuckhead! I told you not to talk about Ashley!" Sal punched Larry repeatedly in the back. Larry laughed, like the punches Sal was throwing were tickles instead.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Larry threw this hands up defensively.

"Next time, I'm not going to easy on you mister." Sal pointed and narrowed his eyes, like a mother scolding her child. Apparently Larry thought that too, as he let out a final laugh.

"Okay, sorry mom." He put a special emphasis on the MOM.

It was chilly outside. Maybe 45 degrees. Sal cringed as the inside of his mask became moist.

"I hate the cold." Larry spoke up.

"Agreed." Sal said, pointing at him in agreement. They walked farther and saw to people.