𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

Sal was sitting on the couch, boredom over taking him.

"I need to talk to Megan."

He got off the couch and grabbed the Gearboy. He walked out of his apartment and headed to the top floor.

Sal got a horrible feeling as he stepped onto the floor. He walked into apartment 504 and made a B line straight to the bathroom. he pulled out the gear boy and asked if Megan was there.

"Hey Megan, can I talk to you."

Sal waited a minute, then the gear boy started glowing. Seconds later Megans ghost appeared.

"Hi Sally Boy!"

"Megan! I've missed you. Where have you been?"

"Huh? What do you mean? I've been here the whole time?"

"Right, sorry. Matrix stuff. Anyways, how have you been? Anything new happening?"

"Not really. Daddy is getting angrier I can feel it, we all can."

"What is your dad angry about?"

"I don't know, probably everything."

"I'm sorry Megan, we're trying to help you and the other ghosts get out of here."

"Sorry Sally, I have to go now. Daddy's here."

Sal felt a wave of anger flood over his body. He needed to get out of the apartment.

Sal ran out of the room and darted into the elevator. Pressing the button to his floor over and over again until he reached the floor. He ran as fast as he coins to his apartment, slamming the door shut and sliding down it.

"What the hell was that?" Sal panted out, his heart racing.

Sal walked to his bedroom, feeling light headed. He fell onto his bed and shut his eyes.

He awoke to knocking on his door. "Sal, you alright in there?"

"Oh yeah sorry just.... resting."

"Alright well get out here if you want dinner."

"Okay I'm up, I'm up." Sal sat up, stretching.

There was spaghetti sat out on the table. One of Sal's favorite foods.

"So how was your day today dad?" Sal asked, trying to make small talk.

"It was okay. How was yours bud?"

"Boring, same old same old."

"Sorry bud, if you want to we can do something tomorrow."

"It's alright, I'll probably just go to Larry's."

Henry sighed. It was always awkward between them. Sal just wished his mom was here, and he was certain his dad did too. He had looked so tired and burnt out since her passing. He'd also developed an alcohol addiction. That one hurt Sal's heart. He'd always been too scared to get drunk, because addiction ran in the family.

"So dad I have a math partner. His name is Travis." Sal broke yet another silence.

"Travis? You mean the kid that's bullied you since we moved here?"

"Yeah but... he's getting better I guess. He really isn't that bad."

"You're too nice to people Sal. Just like your mom. You both were so caring."

Sal began tearing up. "I miss mom."

"I know buddy, I miss her too."

"I miss New Jersey."

"I do too Sal. Look I really got to get back to writing this paper for work, night."

"Goodnight dad."

Sal put the leftover food in the fridge and walked back to his room. He had ruined yet another dinner. He cant ever do anything right.

"Im just so tired." Sal closed his eyes and fell asleep again.

Sal awoke the next day. At a more reasonable time. Eight was reasonable, right? Didn't matter. He kept thinking about what Megan had said to him. Her dad was always mad. Been there the whole time. What did that mean? Why hadn't she come out and talked to him? Sal and the gang still had to figure out the bologna situation too. Just thinking about it made him sick. How did Travis eat that stuff.

With a groan Sal kicked off his blankets, walking into the kitchen to feed Gizmo and himself. Dad wasn't home, shocker. Sal stood on his toes to grab the cereal. This would've been so much easier with a stool. Sal was short, like really short. This inconvenienced him, a lot.

"Here Giz, don't eat too fast."

Sal took his prosthetic off, he needed to stop sleeping in this. As Sal finished up his breakfast and cleaned the dishes he thought of something. He walked to his bedroom and unlocked his phone. He texted the group chat.

Sal
remember how larry said packerton made the bologna? she lives in the apartments

Larry
holy shit i totally forgot she lives here

Todd
Wait a minute, if she lives in the apartments then that means we could get in.

Ashley
so we're about to break into the scariest teachers apartment? SICK LETS DO IT

Sal
im gonna go in tomorrow bc shes staying at school late who's going w me

Todd
I'm out. I have to run more tests on the bologna.

Ashley
if i can make it im 100% IN

Larry
UGH FINE ILL GO W U 🖕

Sal
:) thx guys

Sal thought about this. It is very dangerous and probably a federal offense but they needed to know what was going on. Lisa would most definitely bail them all out of jail.

He picked up the phone and texted again

Sal
heres the plan:

larry and i will leave as early as we can from last period
todd will go home and research (bleh)
ash if u can make it come as quickly as u possibly can

when me and larry get out we'll head to the apartments and get into mrs packertons room and we can go from there

Larry
sounds like a plan

Ashley
alrighty

Todd
👍

Sal laid down on his bed. Dropping his phone to act out a mic drop. This plan sounded like it would work. There might be a few bumps in the road but they could work through it. This was going to be the plan that would hopefully get the school to stop serving the bologna. If the staff even believed them, probably not but some of the students might. Sal hoped this wouldn't fall through.