𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

The next day at school Travis noticed more people staring and whispering. Travis knew exactly why. He looked as if he got attacked. Technically he did.

Next thing he knew he bumped into Phillip.

"Hey Tra... Travis what happened?" Phillip gasped, gently grasping the blonde's face.

Travis tried his best not to sob right then and there.

"Oh Travis." Phillip had so much sympathy in his eyes.

"It's okay I just wish it would stop." Travis croaked, weakly.

"Do you need to come to my house?"

"No it's fine. Thanks though." Travis smiled.

"Alright, stay safe Trav."

He nodded.

The next thing he knew he ran into Sal and his friends.

"Damn Travis who got to you?" Larry sneered.

Sal turned around and gasped loudly running up to Travis. Why was that always people's first reactions?

"Travis oh my gosh. I'm so sorry Travis I should've never let you go home. This is all my fault." Sal was practically sobbing. Seeing Travis all beat up broke his heart.

"Sal it's really not your fault. He would've done it if I were home anyways." Travis huffed, wiping his eye and hitting his lip in the process.

"Trav you're bleeding... Come on follow me." Sal grabbed Travis' hand and ran to the bathroom.

"What the fuck just happened?" Larry stared, mouth wide open.

Todd and Ash stayed silent.

"I'm gonna go see what's going on." Larry followed the two boys.

"I'm sorry Travis."

"Sal it's fine! I'm not blaming you!" Travis was getting fed up with the constant apologies.

"There, all clean. No more blood."

"Thanks... Sal."

They stared into each others eye. Slowly leaning in as Sal unbuckled the bottom strap to his prosthetic. This was way too early but it felt like there was a magnetic force pulling the two boys together.

They heard the door swing open and quickly pulled apart, Sal scrambling to buckle it back up.

"What are you two doing?"

"Larry! Seriously? We were talking!" Sal yelled out, voice echoing around the bathroom.

"Didn't look like just talking to me."

"Get out!"

Larry gave in and walked out.

"Dickhead!"

Sal turned around to see Travis fidgeting with the sleeve of his shirt.

"You okay Travis?"

"Were we about to kiss each other?" Travis blurted.

"Oh... I guess we were." Sal chuckled.

Travis joined in. "What was I thinking? Sorry I take stuff too far."

"Nahh it's fine. I totally would've gone with it."

This made Travis blush. "We better get to class. Come on Sally Face."

Travis grabbed Sal's hand as they rushed to their first period. Sal had been on this crime break for longer than he expected. He was just so caught up with Travis and his friends that they had forgotten about the bologna. He liked it though. He could sleep better which was a plus but... He really wanted to look for ghosts again. Maybe he could bring Travis along?