Chapter 8 - Henry and Liam's secret.

The school day went by, Lia and Zoey looked like they wanted to go up to them but Milly saw their stare and cracked her knuckles at them, stopping them. Jake almost fell asleep in Geography, Stacy had to shake him to stop him. "Sorry, Stacy." He apologised, even though she had banged his head onto he table trying to stop him. She just rolled her eyes and snuck out her phone. Hailey decided having music practise at lunch and after school was necessary as Jake needed to stay confident for the performance. Zander had joked at this, "Like he needs anymore confidence." he had said. They soon found out he wasn't joking and that Zander was being truthful. The club laughed harder at this. This practise was listening to how Hailey and Jake did for the duet. They did well, but after 25 minutes of singing, Jake complained is voice needed a break so everyone joked for a while. While they were having said break, something was happening outside the door...

"Liam, it's really not a good idea." Henry argued. "What? Your going to stay with little show off rich pants?" Liam joked, nudging Henry though his face was serious. "But, they hate us! Fat chance they would let us in." Henry sighed, rubbing his arm which was nudged harder than Liam intended. "Well, if your too chicken to audition, stay here. I'm going in." Liam announced to Henry. Henry looked unsure, "Ok, but tell me if that devil beats you up!" He whispered as Liam opened the club door. The room was shockingly quiet. Zander gave Liam a death stare and got up silently and slammed the door in his face. "Told you." Henry laughed, awkwardly though he wanted to do the opposite. "I'm not giving up." Liam replied, opening the door again and stepping in this time. "Before you slam the door in my face." He started as Zander got up again, "I want to audition." He continued. A look of angry surprise hit everyone in the room. Henry had peaked around the door. "We were not born yesterday! I can see that lettuce brain boyfriend of yours peaking round the door! You're clearly here to annoy us and waste our time!" Milly shouted. Liam turned red. "Lettuce B-boyfriend?" Henry turned away. He walked quickly down the hall with a red face. Liam recovered and sighed, "Please, he wanted to audition too but he has gone down the hall now.." he begged. Hailey inhaled, "Look. Even if you weren't hated by everyone in the club, it's too late to join the club for the competition. Goodbye." She finished, strongly. Liam looked at his shoes and asked, "Could I-.. Join the club after the competition?" Silence followed. Liam laughed to himself, "Heh, of course that's your reaction. I can't make up for years of bullying with a simple apology. You know what, bye." He turned to leave the room, Milly beat him to it and pushed him out making him fall on his knees. Liam got up and closed the door behind him, running down the hall to where he knew Henry might be when he was sad or worried.

He found Henry on a swing in the school playground which was there because the school was built over an old playground but the government was too lazy to remove the swings. Liam sat on the swing next to him. "Did they accept you?" Henry asked, looking up hopefully. Liam laughed sadly, "I'll give you three guesses." he joked. Henry gave the ground a small kick, hoping to swing but he couldn't reach the ground. "Shortie." Liam laughed. Henry nudged his arm, "That's for nudging me earlier." he laughed. It was like when they were kids again. They met on the same swings on the day before the playground would be destroyed so the school could be built. They had a great laugh and decided to get in contact through their parents. Liam and Henry were having a flashback in their minds but soon it was distracted by Drew. "Where were you two!? I waited for ages at the lunch table! What is up with both of you today? You didn't make fun of those freaks with me and let Jake make fun of me!" He stormed. Henry grinned, sadly "Heh, I bet you really wanted Jake to stay with you, we know about your crush." he mumbled. Liam made a noise which was either a laugh or cry. Drew turned red. "Oh shut up. I don't like him ever since he joined those freaks." He retorted. Liam muttered angrily, "Don't call them that." Liam, who was taller than Drew, got up with his fists clenched. "What?" Drew asked furiously.

SMACK!