Chapter 2 - In The Cupboard.

Hailey was terrified, she didn't realise yet that they were in a cupboard in the library. She jumped on Jake, who was still trying to calm down. He went to open the door but then he heard a *click*. "We're locked in..." he whispered. "Oh, urm. Great." Hailey said, "Your 'friends' just had to lock us in." They stood there for around 5 minutes before, "Oh wait. I think I have a hair pin to open the lock." Hailey said, taking it out and going to open it. Hailey kept turning the pin for around another 5 minutes until Jake sighed and grabbed her wrist. "You have to push it in and turn it, Hailey." he told her, doing so still holding her wrist. Hailey was flustered and hoped the dark cupboard hid her face, but then the door clicked open and he saw.

"Is someone blushing?" Jake smirked. Hailey pushed him, gently. "No!" she exclaimed. She walked out of then library, hair swinging from side to side. She went to see how Luke and Zander were doing on their Geography work. She texted Luke:

You: Hey, Luke. Where are you and Zander?

Luke: Oh, we just went to the library. Jake is here too, he said you just left.

You: Yeah. I'll come back.

Hailey ran back to the library. Why was Jake still there? She wanted to get away from him. She opened the door and laughed as she saw Zander, asleep on Luke's lap  on a beanbag. "Oh hey, Hailey." Luke laughed. "Jake told me what happened, he's over there." he continued, pointing to a corner in the library. Hailey sighed, "I still can't believe Jake's 'friends' did that! We could have been stuck in their for the whole day if I didn't have a hairpin." Zander woke up, and realised where he was and jumped off the beanbag, blushing. Luke just blushed and got up, "Come on Zander. We need to go get some books." he said, ending the short-lived silence. As they left, Hailey decided to go over to where Jake was. "Hey Jake-" Hailey said, but stopped after seeing Daisy and him talking and Hailey was shocked to see, Jake wasn't stuttering or blushing uncontrollably. "Oh hey, Hailey!" Jake called her over. Maybe Jake was blushing, or at least he was now. "Oh, hi Hailey! I just forgot I have student council meeting in 5 minutes and its 4 minutes away from here! Bye guys!" Daisy smiled, leaving with a bounce in her walk.

"Let's see if that music freak and Jake are still in that cupboard!" someone laughed from behind a bookcase, it was Liam. Before she could speak, Jake had grabbed her hand, took her to the other side of the library and ran out quickly. "Jake!" Hailey whisper shouted and walked out the library too. She ran to him in the hallway, not even knowing why she wanted to talk to him so badly, and bumped into him, falling on the floor. She looked up at Jake's brown eyes and blushed, taking his outstretched hand and getting to her feet.

"Hailey, you need to stop falling over." He sighed, shaking his head in a joking tone. "Yeah, I know." she replied, looking at the floor. Jake felt a tug in his heart, was Hailey ok? "You alright?" he asked, "You look sad." Hailey didn't speak, she was thinking. But she responded after a minute of silence, "Yeah, I'm just thinking about the competition." she replied. It wasn't a lie but not fully the truth, she was wondering about her urge to talk to Jake. "Good, I thought you were sad because I ran from you!" he laughed, awkwardly. "Also, I was going to check on Sean, he was crying earlier." Hailey woke up from her thoughts and answered surprised: "What! Is he alright?" Jake replied, "Yes, he tried to ask out Daisy but she rejected him. The odd part is, I don't know why I didn't feel anything when he told me. You already know I like Daisy, or at least I think I do." Hailey still had a look of surprise on her face, she shook it off and said, "I'll go check on him, Jake. Could you do your part of the history work?" He smirked and said "Always wanting to check on people, I'll do my best Mam!"

He walked away, laughing to himself.