Chapter 4 - Kept apart.

The next week was the worst. He was forced to make fun of Hailey, Zander and the rest of the club. He felt such a bad feeling and regretted everything, he normally would cry himself to sleep. Why did he do this? To save his and their reputations? It was such a dumb excuse. He couldn't think in class, and was failing most of his classes. "You alright, Jake?" Daisy asked him one day in the library when he was trying to keep up with all his work. "Oh, yeah." he replied, not bothering to act nice. "I left the music freak cl-" he began, before realising what he just said. "I left the music club." he continued. Daisy look disappointed. "But, why Jake?"

He hesitated, should he tell Daisy? He stayed quiet, thinking of Hailey. He saw her face when he left. It was sad, innocent and overall heart breaking. "I-I can't explain. It started when you got me to join the music club." he said. "I got you to join it?" Daisy asked. "I- Had a crush on you back then, not anymore. You're still great but I slowly stopped feeling a crush towards you recently." he continued. "Oh, I didn't know Jake. I suppose now I think about it, you were kind of obvious!" she laughed, putting her arm around his shoulder. "I was blackmailed by Drew." Jake blurted out, not meaning too. "Wait what! Tell me everything." she replied, shocked. Jake didn't want to. "Well, I don't want to say the whole story but, I left the club because Drew said  they would blackmail the whole music club if I didn't go with them, it happened last week and I've regretted it ever since." he explained, finally. 

Daisy sighed and told him "Look, the competition is in week. Sean told me that they don't have enough time to find a singer so he told me to tell you to rejoin." Jake realised that. "I'll rejoin, but it'll have to be tomorrow. Also, not to be nosy but how are you and Sean?" he asked. "That's great, Jake! Well, I have to say I do regret rejecting him. We've gotten closer now and I've had a crush on him for a while now." Daisy replied, in a slightly dreamy way. Jake laughed, awkwardly and got up to leave. "Well, I'll see you later Daisy." he sighed. 

He got to the school exit, he had dazed off and found himself on the other side of the school so he had to run to the exit. Tired, he walked home. He just got on his street, he kept walking until he saw Hailey, staring out a window. She lived here? She saw him. Their eyes made contact for 5 precious seconds. She went down from the window and in 30 seconds, he got a text. 

Hailey: Hey, do you want to come to mine?

You: Sure, got nothing to do.

Deep down, Jake didn't really want to but he saw her face lit up when she saw him so he agreed. He knocked on the wooden door and it opened almost straight away. Instead of her usual red sweater and shorts, Hailey was wearing a  blue shirt and ripped jeans. "Well, can we talk?" she said. "Oh, urm alright." Jake replied, smiling but you could tell it wasn't genuine. "Hailey? Who is it?" Zander's voice boomed from inside the house. "It's Jake." Hailey replied. "WHAT! TELL HIM TO SCRAM!" he boomed, this time in such a loud tone, Jake felt like the ground underneath him shake.

"YOU ARE NOT HAVING YOUR CRUSH HERE, ESPECIALLY AFTER HE WALKS OUT ON THE CLUB"

Slience followed.