Chapter 5 - At Hailey's and Zander's house.

Slience. Hailey, held her breath and stared at Jake. He looked blank, almost as if he didn't hear Zander. "Well, I'm going to video call Luke. He can come in but make sure he doesn't touch anything or come in my room!" he shouted. "Urm, well. Hailey, I never knew you lived on my street! Did you just move here?" he asked, trying to change the subject. "No. We've been here since the start of high school." she replied, trying to calm down. "But, how come I never saw you and Zander go to school?" he questioned her, taking off his shoes. Hailey laughed, "Zander loves getting ready at 6:00am and is done by 6:10. Then he rushes me and then we leave at 6:25." she explained, grinning. "Oh wow. That explains it. I leave at 7:10!" Jake laughed. It felt like he hadn't left the music club just a week ago, and they hadn't been avoiding each other. "I'm sorry for leaving the club. I'm going to come to the club tomorrow, I need to deal with my friends" he blurted out, needing to get it out.

Hailey smiled. Before she knew what she was doing, she grabbed his hand and brought him up the stairs. He didn't know whether to let go when she stopped at the top of the stairs but then she grabbed a stick with her free hand and hit the ceiling with it. "I live in the attic, its quite comfortable up there." she said as a ladder fell down after the door opened. Jake stared at his hands, still being clutched by Hailey's. She saw and got flustered, let go and began to climb the steps. Jake's legs wobbled. "I-I Don't liked climbing ladders." he admitted, slowly and cautiously he got on the first step. Hailey, already at the top, laughed and grabbed his hand. "Come on now!" she encouraged him, laughing a bit. He awkwardly smiled as he slowly climbed up 3 more steps. Then, after a few minutes, he was in Hailey's room. It was covered in music. Their were musical posters like SIX, Heathers, Mean girls and more. The room was covered also in guitars, drum sticks and piles of notebooks and sheet music. "Wow. Cool room." Jake smiled.

Hailey sat on a bean bag in the corner and Jake, no idea what else to do, sat next to her. She pulled out a notebook and said "Alright, we should work on writing the song. I already have some ideas written down so you can look at those, I need to tune my guitar." She explained. she got up and went to her guitar, Jake looked at the notebook. He saw a whole song planned out:

Come on tell me

Come on tell me

All the things we couldn't see

All those moments

We keep going on to feel complete

Come on tell me

Come on tell me

All the lies I've should have seen It's all over

And was all a world of make believe

I gotta need to open up my mind

This kind of love it all just got us blind

The memories we know

We gotta save them so

Just tell me that you won't be here tonight

Please tell me that you won't be

Please tell me that you won't be I really need to know

Here tonight!

Jake went to the next page and was horrified. The title was "Mean thing the monkey's have called me". Jake looked down and sure enough it was talking about him, Drew, Liam and Henry. He saw "Music freak" "Cow" "Wannabes" and more. He realised she had remembered all of them.

"You alright?"