Lili roared in pain and terror as a nymph leaned forwards, its mouth gaping open, gnashing its rotten teeth. She closed her eyes, bracing for it.

But nothing happened.

A torrent of water brushed past her and she was free of the horde of nymphs' grasp. Lili opened her eyes and there before her was a tall yet slight figure covered in black fur. Its face was that of a jackal, thin and narrow with toxic green eyes. Fangs protruded out of the sides of its mouth, digging closely into its skin. Its shins bent backwards like a canine's, and its paws were three-fingered with long sharp talons. Hidden amongst its thick fur was a pair of feathered wings, too small to be able to fly. Its tail ended with the face of an eyeless snake that writhed and snapped its mouth.

It was a monster constructed of other monsters.

It was the chimaera.

Glancing back, Harmony gave Lili a reassuring nod, her bright green eyes still illuminated in the dark watery depths. Her snake-tail lashed out and sunk its teeth into a nearby nymph's neck. The nymph jolted back before eventually, its body drooped, its arms flopping to its side, paralyzed by the chimaera's venom. Once again, the snake-tail bit into another nymph, and another, and another until all the ones surrounding Harmony and Lili were paralyzed. No longer under threat, Harmony grabbed Lili and swum up with Daina following closely behind.

*

Corinna and Calanthe span around, seeing the banshee rise up from the water and glide over to them.

"Where are the others?" asked Calanthe.

Daina motioned over to the sea as a paddling tiger emerged as well as a large black-furred humanoid with a jackal face, three-fingered paws, and a snake-tail.

"Harmony!" Corinna jumped up and down waving her arms which the chimaera responded by also enthusiastically waving.

Once the tiger and chimaera had reached the shore, their fur both drenched and heavy from the water, Corinna ran into Harmony's arms and entered a rather soggy and cold embrace. She gazed up into those bright green eyes. "Good to have you back."

"Good to be back," said Harmony, her voice now deeper and husky in her chimaera form. She grinned as her snake-tail swayed into view. "I got my tail back."

Corinna giggled.

"Did you have any trouble out here?"

"No, none at all." Corinna lowered her head. "I wasn't much help, I guess. I didn't do anything. I could have gone down there with you."

"It's alright." Harmony caressed Corinna's cheek with her paw. "Knowing that you were here protecting me set me at ease. I wouldn't have done this if you weren't here."

Swallowing, Corinna's cheeks flushed pink.

"But we were the ones that were protecting you," grumbled Lili.

Daina the banshee shrieked in agreement.

Calanthe hushed them both. "You're ruining the moment she hissed.

Lili shook her fur, causing everyone to be sprayed with water. "Save the hugging for later. Its still a blood moon. If we stay in one place, we'll draw other prisoners to us."

"Ah, yes. Sorry." Harmony cleared her throat, breaking the embrace. "Thank you, for helping me get my mask.

"No thanks needed," said Lili. "This was a trade. Just hold up your end of the deal and we'll be square. Once the aftermath of the blood moon is over, deliver the antidote. I heard that it'll take you some time to produce enough of this 'magic salve'."