18. Say What Now?!

Začať od začiatku

As I pull out some clothes my mind whirls with all different types of possibilities to what is happening. None of them make sense. Heading back to the kitchen, Adonis is bent over stitching up the guy's side. I watch absently as he pierces the guys skin with a needle and the guy clenches his jaw that has a rag in it and hits his fist against the table with each piercing, which makes me smile a little.

Sadistic much?!

I quietly walk in. "There's a bathroom right down the hall if he's okay enough to shower.

Pulling his rag out of his mouth, the guy grunts out, "I'll manage and yes you are sadistic." He shoves the rag back in his mouth. Adonis pours some kind of alcohol over the ugly slice, running from his hip all the way to the middle of his ribs.

Once Adonis is done it looks like a smiley face had been ripped off of Jack Skellington and slapped on his side. The guy latches his hand onto Adonis's and is hoisted up. I hand Adonis one of the pair of clothes as he passes by me and helps the unknown assailant into the bathroom.

I walk over to the kitchen table where bloody clothes and all types of first aid stuff lay. Adonis comes back looking worn and tense. Irritation bubbles inside of me and I drop the clothes for him on the table then cross my arms as I breathe in through my nose signifying my anger.

"What's going on? Why is there a Silencer in our house?" I don't let him explain and start pacing with wide eyes on the floor. "I knew it was weird how you defended them. I mean are you like secretly friends with them, betraying us—"

"Georgie." I spin on my heel and point my finger at him as I'm about to say something else, but his next words make me freeze on the spot. "I was part of the Silencers."

My ears ring and all sound vanishes as that fishbowl encases me once again. My mouth moves, but I can't hear anything. It isn't until Adonis tries to touch me that I snap out of it and jerk away. 

"Is he a buddy of yours or something?" I spit out.

Adonis's face is set in a guarded manner with his brows furrowed and mouth in a straight line. His blind eye is duller than usual and his green one has a glaze over it.

"He's my brother."

"You're brother? You have a brother?" I ask in shock and annoyance. "Does anyone know about this? My dad? Arch? Ducky?"

The second hand on the clock ticks loudly as I wait for his answer. "So, no," I answer for him.

"Will you let me explain?" he asks.

"You should listen to him." I turn at an eerily similar voice and see his brother leaning against the door frame and holding his side. He looks better and now that the blood is off his face I can see the similarities, despite the disfiguring of his face.

"That was fast." I glare at him. Biting my cheek, I point my thumb behind me for Adonis. "Go get changed. I'll be waiting out here with your lovely brother."

Once he's gone. I stomp over to the guy and he's just as tall as Adonis and big. How I didn't put this together shows how much these past few weeks has affected my usually sharp senses.

I hold up my orange cast for his puffy eyes to see."Your buddies broke my wrist, gave me this scar on my face and bruised some of my ribs. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't bludgeon you to death with this cast right here and now."

"I had no idea they were going to do that and if I did it wouldn't have happened," he says with nothing but seriousness.

I step away and look him up and down while sucking in my cheek. "If I were to say I believed you, it would help your chances greatly if... you tell me his real name."