Chapter 15 ~Soccer Fill-Ins~

Start from the beginning

——

The game was starting shortly and Starship was already warming up as well. The crowd had started filling the seats on the bleachers, but Joshua was nowhere to be seen.

Mingyu, Seungcheol and Vernon had dragged Seokmin to the front row of the audience and found Wonwoo, Jeonghan, Seungkwan, Jihoon and Minghao all sitting together, with a space empty in between Jeonghan and Wonwoo.

"Is he not here yet?" Seokmin asked Jeonghan.

"No, he won't be back until like halftime," Jeonghan explained.

"Oh, okay," Seokmin said upset. He just hoped that Joshua wouldn't break his promise and try to get there earlier if possible.

"Pledis Soccer Team! Please make your way to the bench!" The speaker called out.

The boys made their way over to the bench and were met with their coach wearing a worried smile. "What's wrong, coach?" Mingyu asked.

"We don't have any subs so if one of you get injured, you can't be replaced." The coach replied.

My mind went straight to Joshua, but I soon realised he wasn't here yet. "Coach, can I suggest someone?" Seokmin spoke up and all the attention went onto him.

"Go on." The coach said, signalling for him to continue.

"He's not here yet, but Joshua Hong, he's a really good player and he could fill in if needed," Seokmin said.

"Well, go and tell him somehow." The coach said and he ran to the bleachers once again.

"Jeonghan!" He yelled and caught the attention of the boy trying to find something in his bag.

"Yeah?" He looked up and saw Seokmin panting.

"Can you please call Joshua and tell him that when he gets here to go straight to the bench," Seokmin said between breaths. "Our team needs him!"

"Oh my gosh, of course! He's going to love this!" Jeonghan replied.

"Thank you so much!" The younger sighed in relief and hugged the boy, over the fence.

He then ran back to the group and was met with a glare coming from Seungcheol. He knew that Seungcheol was jealous because he had just hugged his boyfriend. He just shrugged it off and started stretching again.

——

The game had started and they were already one goal down. Chan had slipped his foot and accidentally scored the goal for Starship. After that had happened, he wouldn't stop mumbling bad things about himself, but they soon went away once Seungcheol had given him a little pep-talk when he noticed the youngest kicking the ground.

The next goal was scored by the captain of Starship; Shownu. As much as the Pledis team didn't want to admit it, it was a very good goal. Changkyun had dribbled the ball across the field and passed it to Shownu when Mingyu had nearly gotten the ball from him.

It was now half time and still no sign of Joshua. What if he never came? Would he break his promise with Seokmin?

The halftime break was soon over and they all returned to the field.

It already wasn't going good as the first five minutes in, Chan had sprained his ankle. Joshua wasn't here yet, what were they going to do?

It had been called a time out and all of Pledis was panicking. Who were they going to put on the field? They had no subs or fill-ins. "Seungcheol!" Seokmin said, grabbing the boys attention from the bleachers. "Does Jeonghan know how to play soccer?" He asked.

"Well, we play small games on weekends. Why?" Seungcheol asked.

"Do you think he could fill in for Chan? Joshua isn't here yet and we need someone." Seokmin said.

"We can always hope," Seungcheol said running across the field, which Seokmin assumed was to get Jeonghan.

Seokmin looked over at where he was and Jeonghan was wide-eyed.

"Can you please help us, babe?" Seungcheol pleaded. "We need someone to fill in. Maybe this can show off the skills that I taught you."

"Fine, don't get mad if I do bad though." Jeonghan complied and climbed over the fence so that Seungcheol would catch him, and he did.

They both ran to the bench and told the coach about how Jeonghan was filling in. They gave him a jersey and were told to get back on the field.

Jeonghan was so nervous. He couldn't feel his whole body. He felt as if as soon as the whistle blew, he was going to faint.

The whistle was blown and they were off again.

Just after the third minute, Jun had gotten the ball from the other team and dribbled it to about halfway when he passed it to Seungcheol. Seungcheol was about to score when a Starship player came up to him and tried to get the ball.

He looked beside him and there he was, his angelic boyfriend running up beside him. "Jeonghan!" Seungcheol yelled and passed the ball to the said boy.

Jeonghan was now in possession of the ball and was about 10 metres away from the goal. "Come on, you can do this," Jeonghan whispered to himself as he dribbled the ball a little.

He then thought, I mean, the worst that could happen is that I miss, may as well try, right?

And so he did.

With one swing of his foot, he kicked the ball to the goal. He squinted his eyes shut, not wanting to see the missed goal, but when he heard a familiar voice cheering, he opened his eyes.

As he opened his eyes, he was surprised by a sudden person crashing into him and picking him up, spinning him around. It was none other than his beloved boyfriend; Choi Seungcheol. His boyfriend let go and pulled him into a short but sweet kiss.

"Enough with the PDA please, I would like to enjoy the game." Seokmin sighed, jealousy evident in his voice. He wished that Joshua was here. He looked over at the bleachers to see that no one was in the missing seat still OR at the bench. When he was going to look away from the crowd, he saw a moving figure jog across the side of the field.

Joshua!

A/N: another long chapter, oh my gosh- I'm also thinking that I'm gonna do a Christmas chapter because it's coming up soon
(^ν^)

Also yes, Ik I'm so creative with school names.

The team members in Starship are the majority of Monsta X & Cravity and Pledis obviously having Seventeen and like all NU'EST members, just in case y'all were wondering