"I always mess everything up." He spoke against my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

"That's not true, if anything, it's the other way around." I mumbled and rubbed my arm up and down his back.

Sometimes boys need more affection than girls and it's high time we provide them with the same. Caden was a baby when he was not in a good mood. He needed pampering like a baby, he needed affection more than anyone and he needed hugs, lots and lots of it. These simple things made him happy and seeing him happy, made me happy.

"I just want to be a good boyfriend." He muttered and looked at me with sad eyes.

Oh, poor baby.

"You are the best boyfriend, Caden." I kissed his forehead and let my lips linger there for few moments before pulling back. He pulled me closer by the waist so that I was straddling him and in a more comfortable position.

"This is not how it was all supposed to happen and now I have messed everything up and I don't know how to make it all right. I am such a fucking idiot." I felt his eyes tear up in frustration and my eyes welled up looking at him so sad and disturbed. He was a nervous wreck all over and I did not understand why he was behaving like this over a small mishap— Okay, it was a big mishap, but accidents happen, there was no need to be all upset because of that.

"It's okay, we can make the lasagna again. There is no need to be sad because of that, it was a mere accident and I am not mad at you." I consoled him, but he shook his head frantically before holding my hands and looking into my eyes, "No, it was not just lasagna, it's not about lasagna."

"Then what is it?"

"I was going to propose you, I was going to make your favourite food and then ask you to marry me. I had it all planned, the speech, the red roses which are the symbol of love, everything! I was going to ask you to be my wife, I was going to tell you that even though it had not been a proper year, I wanted to marry you, I wanted you to be my forever and always, I wanted to give you my babies and we could be a perfect couple, a perfect family and I would always behave myself. I would be the perfect husband and would do everything if you would just say yes, but I messed it all up, everything. I am so sorry."

My heart, I think it missed a beat or two.

"Caden." I said, softly, a tear tickling down my eye and landing on our intertwined hands.

"You might think that I am crazy and yes, I am crazy for you, but I don't think I want to wait anymore. I have decided that I want you and only you. We are already living together, maybe not in the same room, but under the same roof and you tolerate me and I love you and I just—" He looked down at our hands and started rubbing his thumb against my skin in a circular manner before continuing in a low voice, a very baby voice which had me melted right there and then,

"I just want to be with you every second of the day and even though everything went against my plan, I still want to ask you, will you marry me, Sunshine?" He looked up, his eyes tearing up as a tear rolled down his cheeks, but I, on the other hand was a complete mess of tears.

"Oh, Caden—" He cut me off and leaned his forehead against mine, cupping my face with his huge, warm hands and pleaded, "Please say yes, Sunshine, please."

"Yes."

His response was almost immediate, he hugged me tightly, wrapping his hands against my body and pulling me closely towards his body. He nuzzled his face against mine and a hiccup escaped his lips,

"I promise I will be the best husband, I promise I will do this whole proposal thing again, I promise I will never let you down, I promise I will love you more than anything in this world. Thank you, Sunshine, thank you so much."

"Thank you for choosing someone as broken as me, I promise I will love you with all my being till eternity, I promise I will never let you down too and you don't have to propose me again, this is the best proposal one could ever ask for. I love you so, so much. I promise that I will try to be the best wife." I vowed and kissed his cheek, looking lovingly at him.

"You don't have to try, you already are the best." We smiled and looked at each other, but then—

"What the fuck happened in here?!" Grace's voice boomed through the kitchen and then her eyes landed on us, "The fuck are you guys doing on the floor, sitting amongst the puddle of tomatoes?!"

"He proposed me." I giggled and her eyes widened in happiness.

"She said yes." She squealed again and ran towards me, squeezing me with a tight hug.

"Even though it's not the best fucking place to propose, I am so fucking happy for you guys." She gave me a sloppy kiss on the cheek and squealed some more when a very confused Joshua entered in the kitchen snd asked,

"Why was I not invited for the tomato party?!"

It was the perfect September twelfth, one of the best days of my life and I was sure that there were more days to be included in this list in future.

•••••••

Do you guys want a wedding chapter and then an epilogue or the wedding as an epilogue?