Expedition for bathers

Start from the beginning

"I'm not using them, Plagg. I just need some guidance to the store. And don't call them 'golden tickets,' they're not objects," Adrien said back. 

"Oh yeah, Mr stalker? Looks like your 'guidance' is gone. You're golden tickets left a while ago," the kwami said erupting into a fit of giggles. Adrien looked down at him in confusion, watching as he snickered. Then it hit him, his head shot up and he searched the ice-cream stand. 

"They're gone! How- they move so quick. Where does their energy come from?" Adrien said swiftly standing up and walking once more in search for the girls. He could still hear Plagg wheezing in the depths of his shopping bag. Now he felt like an idiot. He should've just walked over and asked for directions, he made it a bigger deal than it was. He determined the girls went west, as they came from the east after getting clothing and ice-cream. The boy briskly turned the corner, the girls still not in his sight. That was it, he gave up. He let his shoulders droop, and let out a heavy sigh. 

"Adrien? What a surprise! What are you doing here?" He heard a higher voice call from behind him. Rose called his name, behind her stood Juleka, Mylène, Alix, Alya and Marinette. 

Ah, crap. Well, it could've been worse, the boy thought to himself. 

"I was looking for a swim wear store, but I don't really know my way around. I'm a little lost," the boy explained to the girls. 

"No way, we were headed there too, let's go together," Alya said nudging Marinette, to which Marinette scolded. He joined the girls and made his way to the store. 

That sure was anti-climactic, he said to himself. The boy already could tell Plagg was losing it in his bag. He could just imagine the look on his face. Glancing down, he saw Plagg looking up at him, with 'that' look on his face. Sure Adrien was successful, he was finally being directed to the store- he won. But at what cost.

"You dropped your dignity back there, kid," Plagg whispered from within the bag, rolling around with laughter once again. Adrien felt his face heat up as the kwami was in hysterics. He grabbed a shirt from the bottom of the bag and placed it on top of Plagg, humiliated to see his laughing face. 

"Aah, I can't want to go to Australia! I was looking at their beaches yesterday and I could almost feel the heat melting my skin," Mylène said excitedly. 

"I know, the water looks so crystal clear too! Are you excited to swim too Adrien?"

Adrien was looking forward to go swimming. And though he was experiencing a few changes in his life right now, the thought of going to the beach with his friend somewhat calmed him. But then again, he still doesn't want to look at his tattoo. 

Adrein fell deep within his thoughts. I will have to find something to wear over top. Something long sleeved. Something to cover it. I don't want to see it, I have to-

"Adrien?"

That could work- It'll be fine. Everything's fine. Is it? Is everything fine? What's wrong with me? Snap out of it!

"Ah, sorry. What was that?" The boy said looking back up at the girls. They all looked at each other, great concern and worry portrayed on their faces. 

"Are you getting enough sleep, Adrien?" Marinette said walking up to him, placing her hand on his shoulder."

"I'm fine, don't worry," the blonde boy said, dismissing the question entirely. He could tell Marinette wasn't happy with the answer, but she didn't push for more. That was always something he admired most about the girl. She doesn't push, she doesn't pressure, she doesn't demand. She gets straight to the point, and knows when to stop. He recently felt so much closer with the girl, and noticed the sudden change in her behaviour when she is around him now. It somehow felt natural, but he couldn't quite understand what was so familiar about it. 

In the store, the girls began bouncing around looking at every pair. Adrien felt out of place, and could feel the shaking in the shopping bag once more, which he assumed was Plagg laughing. 

"Juleka! What about this! This one-piece kinda matches your tattoo," Rose said holding it up to Juleka. Juleka's tattoo was a medium, colourized one. It stretched from her wrist almost to her elbow. It was a long, rusty sword completely wrapped in prickly thorns and vines. However, at the top where all of the grim vines met, bloomed a beautiful, pink and red flower. Juleka took the swim suit and gave Rose a hug, showing her appreciation. 

"Can't wait until I turn 16. When I get my tattoo, I can match my clothes with it too!" Rose said enthusiastically. 

Adrien looked down at the floor, dark thoughts seeping into his mind. It was silly how this always happened to him. After all, he would have the tattoo for the rest of his life. He can't change who his soulmate is. This was it. Adrien felt himself spiralling once again.

Why am I always ruining everything? Just stay positive- ignore it. It's just some ink on my wrist. So what if it's not what I was hoping for. So what I'm not ladybugs fated pair. So what I can't even look at her in the eye's anymore without feeling hopeless. Gah, why do I have to feel so shi-

"Adrien, what about this pair? Alya said, holding out black and green shorts- clearly Chat Noir themed. 

"Alya, Noooo. I don't think Adrien's that big of a Chat Noir fan!" Marinette said in a somewhat defending tone. 

"Thanks, Alya. I think I'll pass on those ones," the boy said with a light chuckle, pleasing everyone.

The sun began to set and the chilly air hit Adrien as he walked into the parking lot, carrying his shopping bags. He ended buying a comfortable pair of long sleeved bathers and shorts before having some food with the girls. He was scolded by his body guard for being fifteen minutes late, but was thankful that he wasn't removed from the building or noticed by any fans. 

For some reason, although he was looking forward to going to the beach, he wasn't quite looking forward to the trip. However, he considered that it would be a distraction from everything else. There was still Ladybug that he had to confront about the trip, and the fact he would be leaving Paris for a few days. 

Somehow, he would need to muster the courage to meet his own electric green eyes with her piercingly, bright blue ones. 

A/N: Thanks lads. Ya'll are very sweet <33 dont forget to vote if ya want more ;)

(ALSO #1 IN ADRIENETTE... LIKE HOLY CRAP- ARE U SERIOUSSSS? ty idk how that happened.)