Chapter 7: Hunger and Minds

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

Smoke corrupted the air, the sky. Fumes of black pouring around like a wild storm.
The beautiful forests of snow had been disturbed, arrows sticking out of the bark of trees, blood splattered into the leaves, the snow, the mud and dirt.
The grass had been kicked around and a herd of deer quickly raced away, hopping over the ferns and shrubs, heading deep into the forest.

Bodies lay still in the snow, some wearing uniforms, some wearing winter gear. Some with flags of blues and reds and whites, others with flags of blues and whites and even greys.
A horrid sight of weapons and flesh, thrown about in such a wonderful forest, destroying its beauty and innocence.

The Prince of the mountains walked through, the King of snow and ice and so many other things, frowning down upon his lost soldiers and the bodies of his enemies. His icy blue eyes ran over the blood, the snow, the countless swords and crossbows which were scattered everywhere.

The soldiers from his fleet who had survived tended to their wounded, scouting the area without even an inch of mercy, eyes narrowed and swords at hand.
The beast followed the Prince, eyes glowing softly, jaws clenching at the smell of iron and the horrid smoke. It weaved through the mass of bodies, leaning down over each soldier from the Prince's land and pressing its snout against their foreheads.
A final offer of pride and thanks for their service.

There was a struggle in the distance, a few groans echoing through the forest, cries and pleas of help from their enemies cut short with the simple slash of a blade.
A soldier ran up to the Prince, eyes dull and clouded with grief, pupils almost grey. Her uniform stained with mud and dirt and the blood of her friends and enemies.
"There is one last remaining survivor of our challenger," she said, pointing in the distance to where two soldiers were standing over a fallen man.

The beast sniffed the air and then looked towards the distance, quickly following after it's associate who trudged carefully around the bodies and healing men and women.

The two soldiers looked over to the Prince before stepping aside, and the Prince looked down with a cold look at the soldier who lay there, legs mangled, blood dripping from his mouth and hands and so many other wounds which were hidden under his uniform.
A grin appeared over the soldier's face, "n-ice seeing you, Prince." He spat, mocking the man who stood over him as if he had no power over his fate.
The beast growled lowly and the soldier looked to it, gritting his teeth harder as he shuddered and winced at the pain and cold.

"You wish your final words to be insulting to me?" The Prince spoke, his accent drifting through his words as he tilted his head, his hat and fur swaying at the movement.

The soldier laughed roughly, his tone almost venomous and cruel. Toxic in so many ways and hardly even human, even though that's what he must have claimed to be. "You may have w-on this one, P-rince..."He said, panting for air as the colour in his eyes almost began to dull.

"B-ut this? This! Is only... the beginning!" He chuckled breathlessly.

The Prince stared down at him, his icy eyes shining in the light before he cocked his head and smiled.

"Then I shall look forward to the rest~" He hummed.

And without a single fault in his movement, he pulled his sword from his sheath, the metal singing in his hand before he thrust the blade down into the soldier's heart.

The soldier gasped shakily before he fell still, blood pooling.

"Sleep well~"

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

Beads of sweat ran down America's brow and he yelped as he quickly leapt out of the way as Kazakhstan went to attack him, landing in the hard sand of the grounds with a loud thud and hiss of pain and annoyance. He winced and opened an eye before pushing himself back him, flinching and reaching over, grabbing his sword by the grip before he stood up, facing the hybrid once more.