Chapter 16: A Fallen Prince

A roar bellowed through the battlefield as Finland was slammed against the trunk of a tree- the sound of a horrendous crack splitting the air as he groaned and gritted his teeth. Forcing it into a fruitless smile, one eye open and gazing up at the enemy that held him there by his neck.

Blood had already begun to decorate his body- spread across his face like war paint and running down his chin from his now busted lip. Crimson cracked and sticking out upon the furs he once wore with proud Royalty and vanity- now nothing more than a joke.
But he laughed hoarsely and winced at the pain that stung on his lips, tilting his head as much as he could to the side. Antlers now stripped of their charms and beauty.

Britain. Stood there.

A gloved hand gripping the deer's throat, slowly caressing his pale skin as if enjoying the feeling of his enemy in his merciless hold. His eyes didn't glow like those of a beasts', but the expression on his face surely made up for it as he reached for his belt and pulled out a knife from its sheath. His sword had already been discarded a distance away- sticking out of the scarred mess of earth and the fallen debris of beaten trees and foliage.
"You know... You really put up a fight," he chuckled. The King of the Mortals grinning and smiling with nothing but venom and pleasure. "You ripped my soldiers apart awh~ But it didn't work for long, now did it~?" A purr rumbled in the back of his throat.

He didn't tower over the Prince in normal life, but he had pinned the deer down to the tree so that he lay there amongst the blood and the snow. Utterly useless and at his disposal.

"It seems like even that bastard Demon King tried to help you as well. But his forces are dead and banished. And I bet you know that he won't be able to make it in time to save you. How sad and pathetic," he snapped. A soldier grabbed Finland by his arms, yanking them back towards the tree and tying them together- the deer unable to struggle with the pain and numbness he was experiencing. The numbness that had been caused by a tipped arrow that had buried itself into one of his shoulders. Britain hummed; twirling that wretched knife on his hands and fingers- twisting it and examining the blade and then turning his gaze back to Finland. Looking him over as if he were nothing but a piece of meat. Aiming.

And when Britain raised that knife over the Prince, only then did his icy eyes shrink back as he gritted his teeth once more and braced for the pain he was about to endure.
With little care in the world, he struck the blade down. Slamming it down through Finland's sweater and directly into his abdomen- earning a bellowing scream that made him burst out with laughter- so cruel and eager for more as he began to twist the blade. Holding the deer down when he began to kick and yank at the restraints that held him tightly to the tree.

The soldiers of the King watched with grins as they held down the beast that had tried to protect Finland for his whole life, the beast that was now coated in a layer of deadly arrows and being held under a net of reinforced metal. Watching and roaring desperately as it dug its claws into the dirt with little strength, unable to escape and aid its friend.

And so the torture continued.

And the screams echoed through the battlefield.

A battlefield of broken promises, fallen nature, and the blood of the ones he had trained with.

✞———————❖———————✞

Soldiers were sprinting all over the place. Armour and leathers sticking to their skin, dragging swords and daggers around like an army of ants.
Kazakhstan looked around with narrowed eyes as he tightened the leathers around his arms, watching as some of the winged soldiers he had trained prepared for a battle that they may not be able to walk out of. Fledglings heading into a war of brutality and rage. All because of a man who couldn't hold his hatred back from the world and those who lived in it.