Chapter 8

Bunny slumped down. "I wish I could have taken the tunnels..." he muttered. I looked over at Sandy to see his face filled with excitement whilst Jack glancing at everything he could see from above. North whipped his ropes again. "We're taking another shortcut!" He yelled from the front. I wasn't as prepared as I thought I was, because North threw something at the front of the sleigh which formed into a glowing portal. It then swallowed us in. To be honest, I felt as if I left my insides out. It felt as if the world had turned upside down for a moment.

The portal transported us to an area where mountains were able to reach the clouds. There were far more mountains than in the North Pole. The sky was a peachy and yellowish color. In front of us, in the distance not too far, was a golden castle hidden in a tall mountain; the tallest of them all.

We quickly dashed through the air before we went through one of the entrances and entered the place which was identical to a royal palace. Small humming birds were dancing about, here and there. Fluttering of to do their duties. The sleigh finally landed on the ground and we all tumbled out of the sleigh. As I stepped on the ground, my legs instantly felt weird and tingly. It was unusual. I glanced at Tooth, who fluttered over to us quite quickly with a worried face.

"Oh! You're all here! Great! Pitch, he-"

"What's happened?" one of us called out to her. I wasn't sure who exactly.

"Has Pitch attacked? Did he try to take the teeth again?"

"No. No he hasn't." replied Tooth. "But I've seen a sighting of him. Well, one of my fairies did. I fear that he might be here. Please, have a look around if you see him."

"Pitch..?" I muttered. All of their heads then glanced at me at the same time. "You don't know who he is?" asked Jack.

I shook my head. "No. Never heard of him..."