Chapter 14

I wasn't planning on going back to the Workshop yet. I was flying over a series of houses in a small town. There was also a window with thin glass which led to what looked like a young girl's room.

I was able to see a small girl on a scarlet-red bed who's hair was the color of the sun, and crystal-blue eyes. She was holding an open book in her hands and reading it. Her toys were piled up in a big chest at the end of her bed.

I glanced at her, thinking how youthful she looked. Her head then quickly turned to look at the window I was looking through, and she looked as if she was about to scream. But her face softened to what it looked like before, only a little shocked.

My heart sank as I looked at her eyes, for they seemed to be looking through me. And at me as well...

The girl's mouth dropped as she continued to stare. "What are you doing?" she slowly stood up in her bed. This was the first time a child has ever saw, so how was I supposed to react? "M...My name is Payton Twig?" I greeted my teeth. "What?" She yelled as she jumped of her bed and ran towards the window to open it. A gust of wind brushed against her as her blonde hair flapped a little.

It was still again. "I'm Payton Twig." I muttered. She looked at me for a moment. "Why can you fly? Are you a ghost? You don't look very much like one." she tilted her head at me. "I don't think I'm a ghost." I shook my head as I grinned. "But, you are real?"

"Well, yes."

"Why am I only just seeing you now?"

"Well. You're the first person who ever noticed that I existed."