Chapter 2

I sat down on the ground for a while, not aware that it was now night, and the grey sky had turned navy blue. I glanced up, and noticed something strange. The sight was strange but felt wonderful. It was the moon. It was so bright and large, and it seemed to chase the darkness away. It felt magical. Even though it was windy, I felt warm and tingles. "Good evening." I then said. I didn't know what I was doing, but I didn't expect for anybody or anything to answer.

"Good evening, child." something then said.

My eyes widened as I stared blankly. "I-who-what?" I glanced in all directions. "Who are you?"

"The person you are speaking to. The Moon." The voice then said. "You, the moon, can talk?" I asked. "Yes." the voice replied. This voice sounded deep and comforting, and sounded like a man. "So, your name is "The Moon"?" I rose a brow, standing up. The voice laughed. "Oh, not at all. I am known as Manny by some people. And like me, you have a name dear one. You are Payton Twig." as Manny said that, I lifted my head higher. "Really? Then what am I doing here in the middle of a forest? Why do people faze through me? And why can I not be seen? Are these people you know know about me too? Can they not be seen either?" I asked at once. Manny went silent. He didn't speak for a while. "You will figure it all out soon, Payton." he replied. "Right." I sighed. "When is soon?" I looked up once again.

For a long time, I repeated my question, still waiting for an answer. But Manny never replied. I still wasn't sure what I was going to do. And I do wonder what I will figure out.