Chapter 21

I still had one more arrow left...

I should do something right now. It was either now or never. As soon as the rope of sand broke itself and it snap, I was sent falling. Pitch must have felt the weight of the rope decrease as he walked towards the broken rope, looming over the edge of the cloud. He saw that I was not there as he chuckled to himself.

I put both of my hands together and rested my fingers upon my knuckles as I used it to hit the back of Pitch's head. He yelled out in pain as the action I did was made. He rubbed his head with his grey hands, turning around to me. His golden eyes were as wide as plates as I punched him in his jaw, causing Pitch to yank his own head back. The heels of his feet were right on the edge of the cloud.

I ran to him and took hold of his shoulders, allowing me to hit my knee against his side. "Agh!" He put his hand over where I hit him. 

His jaw was bruised by my punch, with my knuckles left stinging. Pitch sighed as he tried stepping back, but instead, he fell off the cloud completely.  I did all of this fighting as fast as I could so that Pitch couldn't protect himself, meaning I was out of breath. This was the first time I had to fight somebody.

...

I was now left searching for Pitch. He should be here somewhere, I thought. I was wandering around in the forest in Burgess. It was harder for me to look for Pitch since I didn't see where he fell exactly. The wind of the early morning brushed against me smoothly as the mud beneath me created footprints. 

That was when I heard groaning. As I heard this sound, I sprinted towards where I could hear the noise coming from. It was in a open area where the trees weren't closing in, and there was a broken bed in the middle of it with a hole that led deep under ground. And Pitch was there too.

He was walking slowly towards this hole. His hand rested on his side as he slowly looked at me. I shivered. "Ah, Haha," Pitch mumbled. "So this is where you go. Not back to the Guardians?"

"I've come to defeat you." I said as I pointed at him. Pitch paused. "I know you want to be believed in. I do too." He stood up with his back as straight as a pencil. "You can't seriously think that after hurting the Guardian's, I would still trust you? You have poisoned children's young minds, and you want to be believed in now? All you will do is hurt them, become powerful and destroy the Guardians to smithereens once children will fear you!" I yelled with my teeth gritting together. 

"And... I'm a child too." I nodded. "But I do not fear you!" I shouted, grabbing my last arrow and throwing it at Pitch. It struck his left side as the cloth of his outfit became darker than before. He yelled in pain as he held his side. 

Pitch stared at me, knowing he has lost. He leaned on his leg as he slowly walked again. We both walked in a circle, like two dogs preparing to fight. I watched as Pitch walked to a tree, walking behind it and then... disappearing. Just like that, he was gone.

One more chapter to go, ladies and gents!))