Chapter 3

It was a cold night again. I was sitting in a small cave. I could feel my skin tingling. But I was comforted by the red flames of the fire. This night was slightly similar to my very first one. I wonder when we will talk again. It has been about 100 years? Maybe 200? Maybe even 300? I wasn't quite sure since I stopped counting. I didn't realize it for a while, but my head gotten just a little dizzy. I rose, and walked around the fire to the outside of my cave. The sky was quite beautiful this evening. There was a sound of an owl whistling, the wind blowing, the crickets chirping, and fire crackling.

But then, I heard the sound of heavy footsteps which sounded like thumps. I looked around nervously, not enjoying the feeling I was getting at all. My chest grew tight as if something would jump at me any moment. But it never came. I sighed a sigh of relief, and walked back inside. I blew out the fire with wind that I was using. I stretched out my hand which hovered of the fire and felt breeze get released from my fingertips. I don't use this power very much, but it does come in handy sometimes. Soon, the blazing flames were gone. I was just about to sit beside the wall, when I heard a voice. And it wasn't Manny's. It was somebody else.