A Weary Sigh Of A Tiring Day

Começar do início

Joon steps beside me, again being that reassuring pillar I need. "Everything okay?" He asks no one in particular.

"Everything's fine Joon," I say flatly.

"I know because I know Christine and Ashton... He's my cousin." He says taking a step towards me.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" Dani yells, stepping up to get in between me and Yoongi.

"I knew there was a reason why I didn't like you." She lowers her tone threateningly, but I quickly grab her arm tugging her back.

I'm not scared right now. I'm furious! My fist is clenched at my side as I try and hold back my anger. I step away from them all, mouth clamped as my eyes fix on the other boys who look confused. I guess they don't know. Except for Jin, he looks guilty as my eyes narrow on him.

"Sweetheart listen..." Jin says taking my hand.

"DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME JIN!" I scream in frustration.

"Jillian calm down." Yoongi finally speaks up, stepping around Dani.

My head whips to him. "Calm down? REALLY!?"

"Can you just let me explain... It wasn't supposed to come out like this." He murmurs quietly.

"Was it ever going to come out?" I stressfully comb through my hair. "Were you ever going to tell me if Jin hadn't forced you into this situation?"

Yoongi stutters trying to find his words. "I don't know, I've been trying to find the right time to tel-"

"WHEN YOONGI?! WHEN DID YOU TRY TO TELL ME?" I cut him off, spitting my words out at him.

"When I spent all those late nights telling you about my fears and anxieties?" I scoff remembering back to all the details I had told him.

"Or did u TRY and tell me earlier when I told you everything and I stupidly cried to you." A sarcastic laugh leaves me.

"How much did you know? How close are you to your cousin?" I lowered my voice, afraid to know the answer

"Jillian can we please talk about this in private..." He pleads as his hand gestures towards the crowd that has formed.

I shake my head no and he sighs "Really you want to talk privately now? You had your chance to talk to me, just you and me and you didn't!"

"Please..." He begs, offering his hand to me.

I scoff staring at his hand. "Wasn't it your idea to tell everyone anyway? They're all here! So, let's tell them! But don't forget to tell them how you knew I was in that hellhole!"

I turn facing the others who are standing around us. "the man and woman I lived with for years took advantage of my innocence and Yoongi here is his cousin!"

"Jillian I only knew of you at first..." his voice is low as he places his shaking hands into his pockets. "I saw you a year after you had moved in with them."

"How come I don't remember seeing you?" I ask with a raspy voice.

"I had only been over to their house a few times Jillian. You were just a small girl who always looked so lost and scared every time I saw you." Yoongi's voice trembles

"And you left me there never trying to help?" I question finally saying the words that were bottled up inside me.

"I didn't know how I could help. I was different then; I was lost in my own darkness at the time," he says, shame crossing his features. "I didn't learn everything they did until after they were arrested"