A Little Jelly

💕

He laid down on his side of the bed. He was facing the wall with his back turned to her. And she was facing him. Her hand reaching out, wanting to touch his shoulders but stopped when it was almost touching him. Then she tried to do it again but just like her first attempt, she withdrew it and decided to turn her back to him instead.

'I'm sorry.'

Those two little words won't come out. Remaining stucked in the her parched throat, unsaid.

She knew it was her fault.

She trusted him. She believed his words. She knew he could never do such a thing.

But seeing another's hand on his arms, clinging and touching him was her undoing. It was so unpleasant in her eyes that she for a moment, forgot her manners and with both her hands on her waist, confronted her husband and the other person.

Her voice has a forced calmness in it's tone and her lips were barely moving but her words were clear and razor sharp.

"Put your hand away."

It was sometime after that when everything settled and calmed down a bit that it was explained that the other person was his cousin and childhood friend.

But the image of another hand, that of a woman nonetheless, touching what was her's was deeply imprinted in her mind that she can only greet the other person in a civil manner. It was polite but not friendly, respectful in manner but cold feeling-wise and definitely not inviting in the least. Her intentions were as clear as that of a mirror, that is, she isn't encouraging a deeper connection.

Her husband sensing her unwillingness to talk any further bid his cousin farewell and lead his wife away. Holding her hand as they head to the car to go home. He opened the door for her like he always does when they arrived but she didn't thank him like how she used to. And immediately went up to their room and changed into her night clothes. She walked to the adjacent room which was their little library and pretended to read a book all the while her husband followed her up to their chamber and was getting ready to turn in for the night.

When they both laid down and were both facing the wall for sometime, her husband was the first to speak.

"I'm sorry.", he apologized in a quiet voice and turned to face his wife. Her back still facing him.

"You didn't do anything wrong.", was all she could say.

"I made you mad. And that wasn't a right thing to do."

She slowly faced him after he said the words but intentionally avoided his eyes.

"I'm silly. I should have asked you first instead of getting mad right away. And now you're apologizing first. The order is all wrong.", she sighs as she replies then added,

"I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

He looked at her tenderly and touched her cheek lightly then he gently tucked behind her ear a few wayward strands of her hair.

"You're no longer mad, I'm not mad so there's no need to apologize. Far from getting mad, I must confess I did like the look of jealousy on you."

A glint is in his eyes while saying this and his wife immediately recognizes his teasing tone.

"Who is jealous? I can't speak for the others but I'm certainly not. I've never been jealous in my entire life.", she replies as she pretends to be nonchalant.

"Don't rain on my parade, dearest wife, you are certainly jealous."

She felt embarassed as she knew he was right and made a sudden movement of rising up and attempting to leave their bed. But he was quicker than her and had wrapped her in a tight hug before she can even put one of her feet down.

"Feeling shy?"

"Just wanting to use the bathroom.", she denies.

"Really?"

"Really."

"I don't think so. You just used it not more than half an hour ago."

"Just let me go.", she said the words but doesn't seem like she wanted to be released from his embrace.

"Wife, you did taekwondo before, I don't think I can easily trap you in my arms and make you stay if you really don't want to.", he was still teasing her but refrained from saying anything more when she remained quiet for long.

She then slowly turned to face him while at the same time putting her hands on each side of his neck joining them on his nape.

The desire in her eyes were undeniable. And his eyes mirrors the same hunger. It was insistent. Possessive. And all-consuming.

A passionate kiss happened thereafter and was only halted when they both needed some air.

"I hate it when other people touch what's mine.", where the first words that came out of her lips the moment she managed to breathe normally again.

"I know. I hate it too. I assure you it won't happen again."

She liked what he said and kissed him again. And again. More passionately that the last then pushed him to lie on his back with her hovering on top of him.

"Let me help."

Her husband had a confused look but decided to let his wife do what she wants. And when he realized what she's about to do, can't help but smile to himself.

Placing both of her hands on his side, she lowers herself and kisses him on the side of his neck. In that sweet spot where his scent drives her mad and crazy with want. Not yet satisfied, she also bit him and sucked on the soft flesh. She knew it will leave a mark. She intended to. After putting some distance between them afterwards, she admired her work and looked at it approvingly.

"This should be good enough."

-END-

A/N:

Edited version. Let me know what you guys think of it.