A Difficult Question

A/N:

Sorry about the very late update. Real life's been hectic these days and adulting had been really hard. Hope you guys still with me and having a good life. All the best. ❤

P.S.

THIS IS NOT RELATED TO THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER.

***

IU as herself
Yeo Jin Goo as himself

***

Point of View: Yeo Jin Goo

***

SUMMARY:

Months before the pilot episode of their new drama, IU and Jin Goo had to visit the studio to take photos for their drama's promotional posters.

They are simple co-workers. Complicated friends. And almost lovers?

***

"Smile

"Smile."

I heard her say as I felt the sharp nails from her slender fingers dug into the fabric of the suit I'm wearing. There's no way she's in a good mood with that hard grip and sharp claws on my arm.

What did I do wrong this time?

I'd like to believe this is her own definition of being 'clingy'. A sweet side of her which I didn't know ever existed. But with her personality I doubt it. Her being clingy would have to stay in my dreams. For in real life, she's more the tsundere type. Someone who is likely to punch me first and then say that she likes me later on than act like she really does like me.

I smiled as brightly as I can while we're in front of the cameras as I think of what could have I done wrong again. Recently, I've been making far too many mistakes and is constantly making her angry.

The shoot lasted for a few hours. It was longer than usual and I can only blame my constipated-looking smile for the delay. It's hard to emit joy and happiness when I kept swallowing a hard lump forming in my throat. I'm too anxious and nervous. It's clear from how she acts that I messed up big time but the catch is she's not in the mood to tell me what's wrong.

So, it's a guessing game then?, I began to wonder in my head.

But when a woman is angry at you and wouldn't tell you why, how should you go about it?

Me? I used a classic trick.

A single pure white rose.

"For you

"For you." I handed her a flower with a smile when we were alone in one of the rooms in the set.

She wouldn't look at me nor at the flower I'm handing to her but seeing that she is no longer throwing daggers with her looks, I feel like things are starting to look up.

"What's that for?" She asked still not looking at me.

"A peace offering." I calmly replied. "I'm sorry. I always mess things up." I added.

"What did you do wrong?" She asked.

"I'm too insensitive. I did something which upset you but I'm too dense I didn't know what it is." I humbled myself.

Two of the things that always works in my favor is humility and an apology. Whatever I did wrong, even if I'm not aware of it, if I humble myself and ask for forgiveness first she will always, always let me off and forgive me right away.

"What can you ever do wrong?" She sighed. "Forget it. I'm being unreasonable." I can hear the dismissal in her voice but I can't let it end this way. When a woman is being vague, something far too serious is bothering her.

"Tell me what's wrong. I'll fix it." I offered.

"It's nothing." She said.

It's a white lie.

Silence.

I took a hesitant step closer to her and gently took one of her hands and made her hold the rose.

"I'm stupid. I can't read minds. And it's too impractical to make assumptions. If something's bothering you, I need you to tell me upfront about it." My voice was firm and pleading at the same time. I'm bad at guessing games but letting her get upset at me without doing anything about it is not an option for me.

"Then can you answer a question of mine?" She asked finally relenting. I made a mental note of making her open up more to me in the future.

"Sure. What is it?" I replied evidently getting excited. If answering a question will make it all okay, I'll answer a question of her any time of the day.

The suddenly with all seriousness, she asked. "What am I to you?"

And that question left me stupefied

***

A/N:

Let me know what you guys think about this chapter. 😉

And please leave a heart (💘❤💓💕💖💗💙💚💛💜💝💞💟❣) in the comment section if you liked it. It really helps me keep being inspired to write more. Thanks.