Officially Missing You

Just a one shot. Re-published after some minor edits.

A dessert-like sweet bit.💕

■□■

"I think I like you."

Just five little words stucked on repeat in her head. Echoes of a broken record that weren't showing signs of stopping anytime soon.

It's almost three long days since they last saw each other. About 72 hours. Roughly 4,320 in minutes since he said the words and hurriedly went away.

And as much as she tries to deny it, part of her knows she misses him. Very. Badly.

"You think you like me? I think I hate you. How dare you confess and left me hanging for days? You wicked, wicked man."

She said the words in spite to no one but herself in a barely audible voice but the annoyance is evident in her tone. While both her hands were balled into angry fists.

Sitting in a white metal chair outside in the garden, she felt frustration slowly eating her up and she sighs as she rests her head in her arms on the table in front.

"Just wait till I see you again and I'll definitely . . ."

Her voice trails off while still thinking when another voice cuts in.

"You'll definitely . . . ?"

The other voice was prompting her to finish her sentence.

"I'll definitely . . .", her voice becoming fainter when a sudden small frown marked her features. The other voice sounded familiar.

Finally realizing she's no longer alone, her head sprung up from the table and turned to where the other voice is coming from. Doing so put her face to face with the person she's been longing to see these past few days. A questioning look is on his face. With only a good few centimeters setting them apart.

"What will you do?"

He paraphrases the question when she froze and didn't manage to say anything.

"I missed you."

The words were said in her softest voice and the person to whom it was addressed froze as he was momentarily taken aback. Confusion clouded his face. He wasn't expecting it.

"I said, I missed you. Anything you'd like to say?" Firmer this time. She was suddenly daring and brave and too honest for her own good. The longing got to her head and she said out loud things she would normally not say on a regular day.

"I . . . I-I missed you too." He was blushing hard and is unable to look her in the eye. His hand far too idle opted to scratch a non-existent itch at the back of his neck.

"Really?" She was clearly teasing him this time.

"Really."

"Then how about a hug?"

"Huh?"

"I said, how about we hug?"

His head abruptly turned towards her as he searches her eyes for any hint she was just teasing him and trying to mess with his mind but when he did, he only saw how serious she was with her words. Then she lifted her arms urging him to come into her warmth.

He slowly came closer towards her and her awaiting arms. His mind is trying to reject the idea that she actually wanted to hug him but the weak, mortal man in him can't resist the offered embrace. Not in a million years. Not when she's looking the way she is looking at him now. And not when she specifically invited him to.

He has fallen deep and hard for her.

He was and will always be a prisoner of her charms, an admirer of her smarts, and a constant lover of her smiles.

"I never expected this day will come." He suddenly mused as he was still hugging her.

"What day was today?"

"The day you'll tell me you missed me."

He steeled his heart and gently pushed her a bit - enough so he can look at her but not too much that they weren't hugging anymore. He can't let her go just yet.

To his amusement, an unusual expression showed on her face and after that a dry laugh was heard.

"You're hearing things. I didn't say that."

"We both know you did."

"Did I? I'm getting a bit forgetful these days."

He knows she's teasing him and decided to play along a bit more. He then slowly detached himself from her and pretend to go away.

"I think I should go, no one misses me here anyway."

He tried taking a step but she didn't let him.  She trapped him in her arms and soon they were hugging again. This time with his back facing her.

"I missed you. I really do."

And her quiet admission made him smile.

-END-

■□■

A/N:

Just some teeth-rotting fluff. 💕

Please let me know what you think about this short piece.