Chapter Sixteen

The club was packed and not a single girl was simply lounging around chilling. From the time I came in up until I was getting ready to head out for night, I was busy.

It was becoming a cycle of dancing on him, getting the money, and then leaving the guest to be buttered by the next girl. We were all occupying customers left and right.

As I worked my way around the club I made sure to check on my regulars throughout the night. I did notice that T-Money and his crew didn't fall through which was unusual. Luscious was their spot on Saturday nights.

Just as I was about to head into the locker room, Jamal came up to me. His appearance was still just as exotic as it was when I first met him. That night wasn't any different. He wore a pastel green suit with tie dye pants. He was giving me Easter Sunday vibes but who was I to judge the man.

"I have some special men I want you to meet. They need the Luscious Luxury Experience seeing that they'll be running the new location. I want you and Cinnamon to show them a good time," Jamal said.

I had only seen Cinnamon a few times since I started working there but we don't really speak or anything. By the time I'm finishing up my "shift" she's barely getting started on hers. I've heard some things about her and Jamal but that isn't my business.

"Okay," I said.

As we walked past the bar to get to his office, Cinnamon appeared by his side. I tried to ignore the fact that he just gave her a slight squeeze. She glanced back at me and just looked without saying anything. It was as if she was marking her territory.

Sis didn't have anything to worry about in that department, Jamal wasn't anywhere close to my type.

"Nephew, welcome! What's up son?"

As soon as I turned the corner my soul left my body. What the fuck?!? My body went hot and I felt a little dizzy.

August looked me over and then turned and did a double take. The look of surprise and irritation was all over his face as he stared me down.

I bit on my bottom lip as Jamal gave them the run down of the club and what was happening tonight.

"Well Ladies, do your thing," Jamal said stepping back.

I stood still, frozen in one spot. I felt naked as hell. Cinnamon bee lined straight towards August but he walked towards me. Jamal stood there watching us as I faked a smile. I was more so nervous than scared mixed with some anxiousness.

Khalil looked back and did a double take too. He laughed and turned his attention back to Cinnamon who seemed to notice the tension.

Jamal followed behind Khalil and Cinnamon.

"What the FUCK are you doing here!?" He questioned as soon as his cousin and uncle got out of earshot.

"August please don't say anything to Chris. I just need the extra money," I explained.

He stood there with his mouth slightly dropped and with a look of disbelief. He shook his head and walked off leaving me standing there.

I rushed behind him and grabbed his forearm.

"August..."

For some reason, I needed his validation. I wanted to hear him say it was cool . I don't know why but I cared. My heart started beating triple times and with each beat I felt this aching sensation. I didn't want to damage whatever friendship we were building. I didn't want him to judge me.

"Aliyah, I don't even know what to fucking say," He admitted now looking at me, with a shocked expression.

"Say something."

"Aye Unk, I'm about to head out. Some shit just came up," August said to Jamal.

"Nigga we just got here. You bout to let her ruin yo night?" Khalil asked sitting placing his hand on August's shoulder.

The way he put an emphasis on her and how he was looking didn't sit right with me.

"She ain't got none to do this." August spoke sternly moving Khalil's hand. It appeared to suddenly be some tension between the two, "I'm out." August said and turned back towards me.

Cinnamon, Jamal, and Khalil kept walking to the other side of the club as I stayed put.

"The shit you do is on you. Like I've said plenty times before I don't go back and tell Chris shit," He went to add more but stopped.

I know he had more to say but he wasn't about to say anything now.

"Can we talk about it?" I asked hoping he would agree.

He honestly looked over it and was annoyed but I couldn't let him leave like that. I didn't care about working, I just felt like him seeing me like this tonight may have ruined whatever image he had of me. I had to change that. It was a flaw I had, I acted like I didn't care of what those close to me thought but I did. It would kill me if August said he wasn't fucking with me like because of this.

"Aliyah, seriously, right now isn't the time," He pressed, not looking, all into whatever was going on in his phone.

"Let me go with you," I suggested.

He looked up from his phone and sucked his teeth.

"Hurry up bruh," he said then go back into his phone.

I was happy like a child getting checked out of school early as I headed back to the locker room. I changed back into my tracksuit and placed my clubwear into my bag. I grabbed my duffle and threw it on my shoulders and slammed my locker shut.

I normally liked to get an idea of how much I made but I would count later on. I walked back out to the floor and found August in the same spot I left him in.

"Let's go," I said appearing beside him.

He said nothing as we walked out the entrance of the club. It was silent as we walked to his car.

"You drove here?" He questioned unlocking the door.

"Yeah but I can get Mesha to bring it back to my place," I responded.

He said nothing as he opened the door.

"So where we going?"

"Nah you just sit yo happy ass back and enjoy the fucking ride. You don't get to ask me shit bout anything right now. Of all the fucking shit you could do to get some money, you choose this shit? The mall must've been full as fuck huh? That big ass Walmart ain't need no more employees? And you need the money? Since when? Last I checked you wasn't trying to take any money from your brother... but it's fine taking it from random ass niggas wit' you half naked and dancing on they grimey asses," he went in on me as he pulled out the parking lot.

"Augu-"

"I'm not done! That's where you met that Money nigga ain't it?"

I sighed, "Yeah."

I felt like I was getting a lecture from my daddy. If he's acting like this, I can only imagine what it would be like if Chris saw me. I'd be dead as hell.

"Aliyah, bruh."

I sucked my teeth, "I'm good at dancing and I make a lot of money. It's no different than what you and Chris do so spare me the fucking act. The mall was full? Walmart couldn't use two extra employees? Don't try and tell me shit when you aren't even practicing what you preaching. It must just bother you that I'm half naked with other niggas looking... it could've been you."

"Have some self respect for yo' self. We ain't the same lil mama."

"Sounds real hypocritical August."

"Spin it how you want."