Chapter One

"FUCK!"

The glock slammed against the small brown kitchen table. My big brother Chris stood there pacing back and forth contemplating. I wasn't worried about my brother, I glanced over at his best friend August. Unknown to everyone else in the room August was more than a friend, he was everything to me. His eyes blackened with a cold look though his demeanor was calm.

"Do you know what the fuck you just started?!?" Chris yelled bringing my attention back to him.

I didn't utter a single word, I sat there feeling my heart feel as though it continually fell to my ass. I blinked my tears away.

"He been wanted smoke. I'll call Nick," August said to Chris then excused himself out the kitchen.

"I told you to stay away from Ky! How you got there? I want fucking names and you got about five seconds or I'm beating yo' ass," Chris roared.

"Trey took me, Jania, and Mesha to the club last night. I wasn't even stun Ky when I noticed he was there. He approached me and one thing lead to another. He tried to make a move on me, and I stopped him. He got mad and said I had 24 hours to return his shit. I wanted to help I didn't know he would switch up on me." I said telling only part of the truth.

Chris locked eyes with me giving me the stare of death. I sat there and wondered where everything went wrong and how I ended up in this position...

6 months earlier

"You know it wasn't even like that," Ky proclaimed.

Apparently, I was tripping and didn't understand how this relationship worked but entertaining other bitches wasn't it. I rolled my eyes at him and stood against his black Chevy with my arms crossed.

"That's what you always saying but I saw the messages. You be trying to play me like I'm stupid. I won't be your fool for long,"

"So, you gone leave like everyone else did? It's cool, I'm used to it," he said casually.

He reached for his truck door; I grabbed his hand. I didn't want him to leave. I didn't want him to go be up under some bitch because of some shit I said. I didn't want him to feel like I was leaving him like the rest.

I guess I could have confronted him at a different time and not two days after the funeral service of his best friend. He was taking his death hard and I was adding to his pain.

"I'm sorry," I placed his arm around my shoulder thinking he would move it but didn't.

He sighed heavily, "If you don't trust me then what we together for? It's people that don't want us together anyway, let's make them happy."

I sucked my teeth, falling right into his manipulative ass trap. He knew I would protest  against that. He flipped the conversation on me and made me feel like I was the one in the hot seat.

"That's what you wanna do?" I questioned staring up at him.

"It seems like that's what YOU wanna do," he emphasized.

"Stop playing with me. Can't no hoe take my spot nor hold you down like I do, you mine," I pointed at him.

"Well act like it then. Stop entertaining the lies they feeding you. You know I fuck with you heavy."

Just as I was about to speak I noticed a Red Camero at the top of the street. It was my big brother Chris. I didn't want any extra drama tonight so I wrapped things up with Ky.

"I'll call you later," I responded trying to break out his hold.

As if Ky read my mind he looked towards the top of the street.