Chapter Twelve

I called Lala phone, trying to recall events from the night before. I was laid out on my sofa, feeling the effects of our girls night out. When she didn't answer I called Mesha.

"Hello?" She answered sounding as rough as I felt.

"What the hell happened last night?" I asked.

"Bitch, you got fucked up and I wasn't far behind yo ass," she responded.

"Damn, why did we do that?" I asked, laughing.

"Man, I don't know. Shit was crazy as hell. The last thing I remember is Lala and Chris arguing "

"Wait... what? Arguing over what?" I asked curious.

"I don't even know and to be completely honest, I don't even know if they were really arguing... that's just what it looked like," she stated.

"I tried calling her but she didn't pick up. I'll try calling her again. You work tonight?" I questioned.

"I'm supposed to but I might not go in. I need to recoup," she said.

I laughed, "Alright, I'll catch up with you later then," I responded getting up off the sofa.

"Later hoe," Mesha said giggling then hung up.

I walked over to the kitchen and saw a bottle of medicine, left out on the counter. It was exactly what I was needing. I went into the fridge to grab a water bottle but to my surprise it was a Gatorade sitting on the top shelf.

As I took the medicine, I opened my blinds and looked out the window. It wasn't shit going on, a few people were walking and some crowded around a car, talking. I wanted to let some sunlight in.

I walked into my room and saw all of my clothes from the night before all around the room. I shook my head as I began to tidy up.

My phone began to ring as I made my bed, it was Lala.

"Are you okay?" She asked as soon as I answered.

"Yes, are you?" I asked sitting on the sofa, sipping my bottle of Gatorade.

"What happened last night? We've turned up before but never that much,''she said.

"Some guy just touched me the wrong way and I felt uncomfortable. I didn't want to dwell on it so I guess I tried to block that out with liquor," I told her half the truth.

"Why you ain't say nothing? We could've done something, called Chris or Nigel them," she responded back concerned.

"That wasn't necessary and I can't let Chris handle every dumb ass nigga who tries me. I was just rubbed the wrong way, that's all."

I remember vividly feeling the piece of steel to my head but telling Chris that would've sent him in a rage. I didn't even want to involve him. He seemed like he had enough going on already. Whoever the beef was with them getting to me made it even, so I wasn't about to instigate it any further.

"Did you and Chris get into it? Mesha claimed she saw y'all arguing," I questioned.

"Saw who doing what?" She asked laughing, "I don't know what she thought she saw because you were both out of it. I called him to come get you and walked him over to you when he got there," she said.

"That whole night is a complete blur."

"Yeah, I'm glad you're okay although you should've said something, I'm sure someone saw something," she commented with a tone of concern.

As she said that, I recalled seeing my father. I wondered if he had something to do with that. He wouldn't go after me though for shit with him and Chris or at least I didn't think he would. The shit seemed personal. Although if they wanted to, they could've killed me there so maybe my father hand was in it.