Chapter Two

I woke still feeling the pain of yesterday. My heart ached and with each moment that passed by the realization of it all stung.

"Man get up," chris said busting into my room.

"No," I groaned throwing the cover over my head.

"Aliyah get yo ass up. I'll be damned if my lil sister about to lay in the bed and be sad about a fuck nigga," he said grabbing my cover off and throwing it to the floor.

I turned over and laid on my stomach using my pillow to now cover my head. Chris was not letting up and he forced me to get out the bed.

"Pops want us to meet him for lunch, put some clothes on," he said then left me to do that.

I didn't want to go anywhere. I didn't want to see my father. I didn't want to do anything but go to sleep and forgot about all that shit.

I grabbed my phone and saw it was noon. I also had a million notifications, most were from Ky. The messages consisted of him not believing that I would believe that shit, I let my brother niggas attack him, I attacked, and how he thought I would never leave... blah, blah, and blah...

Truthfully I did feel like I overdid it. I began to think maybe I should have let him explain. As if Ked senses I was still just sitting there he walked back inside.

"I'll murk yo ass if you even think about calling that nigga,"

I sucked my teeth, "Get out,"

We tussled over my phone but his big ass won. Ked stood 6'3, weighing 250 pounds, but he didn't look it. Due to the fact that he was so tall and muscular.

I had no choice but to get up and get dressed. I didn't put any effort into the outfit. I threw my hat on, a SnapBack that read cutie, leaving my hair in a messy ponytail and threw on a some short and a plain black tank top. 

"I'm ready now give me my shit back," I demanded.

"No and I blocked that nigga number. Ima kill his ass if he try to contact you again," Ked said sternly.

Kederick was being over dramatic but I didn't care what he said. I never said I would contact him but I feel like if I wanted too I could. 

We left the house and headed towards the restaurant. Ked had his music blasting the entire time so I didn't get to ask what this lunch meeting was about. I just sat there and wonder what he wanted. We didn't have the best relationship with him or our mother, who was nonexistent.

Our mother left the home a short while after she had me. Chris was 3 years old and I was only 2 months old. The story Chris told me that our father told him was that one night she just said she couldn't do it, it was too much for her. Our father found us cuddled up together with Chris holding me trying to give me a bottle. We've never heard from her or anything.

Our dad was a smart and strategic man. He had legit businesses and his hands tied into other things. He had connects all over the world and had so much pull with people. He could get a jet sent for him to go to China within five minutes after one call. But because he was such a businessman legally and illegally he stayed on the move and was never home. It was hard for him to try to raise two kids and bring in money so he didn't.

We lived with our aunt Helen, his sister, before she died 8 years ago. This is how Chris began to run with Pat. I was only 11 and Chris was 14 years old. Chris tried calling our father and let him know what happened. He told him it was time to be a man and to figure it out Chris way of figuring it out was Pat.

Pat was big time weight pusher back then and still is now. Pat was a very tall and heavy man. His lips poked out like a fish and he had cheeks of a squirrel mouth stuffed with acorns. He weighed at least 300 plus pounds. When I was little he scared me and I hated to even look at him. Pat took care of our Aunt's arrangements and paid for everything and acted as our guardian so we wouldn't get put into the system.  After all the formalities of that was over Pat took Chris under his wing. In return Chris made sure I was straight and well taken cared of.