Chapter Ten

"Aliyah! Come on!"

Lala yelled as we walked through a makeup store. She was on a mission for some date she had later that night. She was hyped for whoever her mystery guy was. She didn't fully disclose any details or information but she wanted to make sure she looked her best.

As she looked on one end of the aisle, I looked on the opposite side.

"What about this foundation?" She asked me.

I turned around, "Too orange," I responded then turned back to the concealer I was looking at.

I decided to get the concealer and added it to my basket. I was tired as hell and just wanted to crawl into my bed and knock out. From driving to work and back and pulling up on Mesha to help her move her stuff to now shopping with Lala, I was tired.

"We should go eat after this because I heard some tea honey," Lala commented.

"Girl I don't even want to look at food," I whined.

"I'm sure you've been busy," She said joyfully.

She had my full attention, "Meaning what?"

"We'll talk with food," she responded playfully.

I shook my head at her as we walked up to the counter to checkout.

After paying we made our way to a restaurant that sat in the same plaza.

"What's tea?" I asked sipping on my drink.

The server brought out drinks and our appetizer.

"When were you gone tell me about your little adventure with August?"

I rolled my eyes, "Girl, I was helping him buy a gift for his cousin and ended up embarrassed as hell."

"How?" She asked laughing.

"I'm sure you've heard how. How did you find out about that?"

"Latrese came to the shop and told it all," she responded.

"I hope she mentioned how dumb Ky was acting. She should've been the one embarrassed but noooooo.....It was said August was ready to defend your honor."

"Pshh. It was the principle of the shit. Ky came up talking stupid. I just wished August didn't give him a reaction," I said.

"Hm..."

"I see why him and Chris click."

"Chris is for sure a hot head. Damn, I can't imagine August showing out like that,"

"I mean it wasn't excessive but like he just wasn't with that shit. I don't know how else to describe it. I was trying to pull him away and he didn't respond to me how he did with Ky. He was still aware. Chris on the other hand don't give a fuck who he around when he mad, everybody gone feel that shit," I said.

As I sat there talking about it, I realized I actually like that fact about him. August was different.

"Makes sense... I guess. You helping him shop for his cousin again anytime soon?"

I laughed, "No. it's not even like that."

"Oh okay." She responded back,"You're lying but okay."

"I swear I'm not," I said biting into the mozzarella stick.

"Okay Aliyah, sure," Lala said.

I looked at her with a grim facial expression and she laughed.

"Anyway who is this mystery guy?" I questioned switching the subject.

"The mystery is going to be remain a mystery,"