Chapter Six

"Chris is crazy as hell and he's about to have them niggas on his ass," Jania said laughing.

We were huddled up in my living room with food and drinks and juice sitting on the table. Rather than going out anywhere we were doing a girl's night in. I was telling them what happened with the Garcia's.

Chris sent a message to them through some members of his crew. After his men got done, he pulled up himself. I found out all of the aftermath when he got back to the house and called our father.

Our father was really mad at me for messing up his business deal. He went into an entire lecture about how I'm taking food away from him and Chris and myself, how Chris was going to make them his connect to move some weight here, and basically blaming me for it even happening.

I was disappointed in his reaction. It made me sad that he blamed me but more so angry. What it make sense! I blocked his number as soon as he hung up on me.

I told my girls about the encounter and my father reaction, but I didn't, and didn't plan to ever, tell Chris. Chris would go ape shit against him. It was weird sometimes, the roles seemed reversed with the two main men in my life. Chris was more of a father figure than my father would ever be.

"That's real fucked up, your dad is actually mad at you," Lala commented.

"Yeah..." I agreed shrugging it's off.

If he wanted to basically say fuck me then it was fuck him too. It wasn't as if I had to look at his face every day, he was never home anyway. It's not like it was Chris, who name held weight to me.

"Well shit, switching off of that, what's up with August and his cousin?" Mesha asked.

It caught me by surprise for that to be a topic. We've been around all of them before, but it's never been of any interest. It wasn't like we've just hung out, but we've all been under the same roof before I moved into my own spot.

"What you mean?" I asked for clarification.

"I mean, I know Chris is off limits but his friends ain't. They were both looking a lil daddy-ish at the club that night," Mesha said with a devilish smirk.

"August got his eye on someone else so he is off limits. His cousin though...  what's his name again?" Jania said.

"Who he got his eye on?" I asked before realizing it.

"Ou, someone sounds hit," Mesha laughed.

"It's not even like that," I responded.

They all laughed but I was sitting there still waiting to hear an answer to the question. I mean, I knew it wasn't any of my business and I wasn't sure at that moment why I even cared.

"That would be a good look," Mesha said.

I rolled my eyes, regretting I had them get started on that.

"Chris would murk her and August," Lala said laughing.

"Can we just change the subject to something else?" I asked.

"Alright but let us find out you choosing and ain't saying shit," Jania teased.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. So listen... I've been thinking a lot on this and I want to know y'all opinion, especially you Mesha," I said now sitting up and sitting my drink down.

"We're listening," they said in unison.

"I think I want to start making my own money," I said looking at all their faces to see their reaction.

"And do what?" Lala asked.

Mesha's face suddenly lit up, "With me??? That's why you been asking all them questions...."