Part 5 - The Golden Bullet?

The next day, everyone was digging their holes and X-Ray walked over to Caveman.

"What have I told you about that crap you pull?" He stood tall against Caveman as he just looked up at him.

"What?" He asked him.

"I told you that if you find anything, then give it to me. Just because you found another fossil doesn't mean you don't give it to me! It's only fair if I get the day off since I have been here for six months." X-Ray knelt down and leaned closer towards Caveman.

"Everybody deserves a day off, and whoever finds something should fairly get the day off." Caveman argued as Chloe knew he was right. If she found something that the warden is interested in then she would love that day off from the hot sun.

"I don't care what you think. You have been here for about a month and half! It isn't fair on me at all! I deserve that day off!" His face was burning up with rage as Chloe watched in fear. "So, whatever you find. You give it to me, understand!"

"Alright." He mummbled and looked down.

"Good thinking, dawg." He gently slapped his cheek and smiled before walking back to his hole to continue digging.

---

Chloe sat next to ZigZag in the rec room as they talked about whay happened yesterday.

"Barge?" He asked as she looked up at him.

"Yeah?" She smiled slightly as he looked at her in the eyes.

"About yesterday. I really do like you. You have guts, your absolutely beautiful, and I-I... I love you." He looked down as she blushed deeply and cupped his cheek.

"ZigZag I... I love you to."

"Really!?" He was shocked as she nodded. "Well, uhm..." He rubbed the back of his neck since he was nervous. "Want to be my girlfriend?"

"Of course." They wanted to hug, but didn't want anyone else to see, so they smiled to each brightly and just watched the boys fight and play games.

---

"What about you, Jose? What do you like?" Pendanski asked as all of the D-Tent looked at him. It was the counselling session. It was also Sunday night.

"I like animals." Magnet smiled proudly.

"I like animals to!" Chloe smiled happily as they all smirked.

"Yeah man, that's what got Magnet sent here in the first place." Squid told them as Magnet held his hands in his lap. They all laughed at his comment as the spanish boy spoke again.

"Man, it's criminal the way they keep 'em locked up in cages."

"No, Jose. What you did is criminal." Pendanski told him as Squid got angry because he thought of the prices they wanted for a puppy.

"Tell 'em, Magnet." Squid began. "They wanted a thousand bucks just for one puppy."

"What?" X-Ray whispered in shock.

"Yeah!" Magnet slightly yelled. "I would've made it out if my pocket didn't start barking." Everyone laughed at this as he laughed as well, facing Armpit. Everyone Zero held in a laugh.

"You boys and girl get one life!" He gave the one signal with his hand. "And so far, you've done a pretty good job at screwing it up." Their smiled faded as he spoke more and more. "So, you're Barge now? Big shot, got a nickname." ZigZag looked at Chloe. "Well, let me tell you somethin', 'Barge'. You are here on account of one person. You know who that person is?"