Part 10 - Small Agreement!

"Hey, look who showed up." Zigzag told the group, looking at Caveman and Barge.

"Hey, man, we thought you were dead for sure." Squid looked at them as they walked to their holes.

"Hey Caveman, Barge, what did you say?" Magnet asked as Stanley looked at him for a moment.

"Fuck you, Magnet!" She yelled at him. "If it weren't for you, we wouldn't be in this mess!" She sat down by her hole and noticed it was a little bit deeper but she didn't care right now.

"Nothing." Caveman answered.

"What did she do to you?" X-Ray was curious.

"Nothing." He said again as they all looked at each other as Stanley smiled happily. "Yeah she didn't do nothing. What's this?" He grabbed his shovel and put it in his hole to see that it was deep enough for the day. "Thank you, guys! Man!"

"Don't look at us."

"Yeah, it was Zero. That boy likes to dig holes." Zigzag looked at Zero as he continued to dig his own hole. Caveman walked over to Zero and began to talk to him or making an angreement or whatever as Chloe walked to Zigzag. "Are you alright?" He asked as she sat down and sighed.

"I guess so." He climbed out of his hole and gave her a small hug. She hugged back and rested her head on his shoulder. "I can't wait to leave this place, Ziggy."

"We will one day." He whispered and stroked her hair. "Go back to your hole and we'll talk more later." They smiled at each other before they all went back to digging.

---

Later that day, everyone finished roughly the same time as ZigZag helped Chloe with the rest of her hole and they walked back to camp. It was nearly time for dinner which was good because they were all starving.

However, they were happy that they were digging individual holes again, and not some tunnel going around where the bullet was 'found'. It seems like they were looking for something instead of building character.

Perhaps there is something valuable buried in the dry lake and the Warden wants to find it.

They were now in the mess hall and Stanley looked over at Mr. Sir with fear. Chloe tried her hardest to ignore him since she knew he was pissed off.

"I don't like no hocus-pocus. $14 for onions. We don't need no stinking onions." Mr. Sir was his wounded side of his away from the two teens as they couldn't see the damage that had been caused.

"You told me to get onions, I get onions." The Chef explained.

"I want to taste it." Mr. Sir told him.

"Go ahead and taste it. I don't care."

"I'll taste it then." Mr. Sir took the large scooping spoon and was about to take a bite until one of the kids noticed the marks on his cheek.

"Woah. What happened to your face?" He asked which was probably the biggest thing he would regret. Mr. Sir put the spoon down slowly, then quickly grabbed the collar of his shirt pulling him closer.

"Something the matter with my face? Huh?" Mr. Sir asked, and everyone watched in shock and horror.

"No. No, Mr. Sir." The boy trembled.

"You got that right." He then pushed the boy away and he fell against the rubbish bin. He stayed down, only lifting his head up. "Anybody see anything wrong with my face?" Mr. Sir then walked around, looking at all the campers/criminals. "Huh!? I think I'm kind of purty, don't you?"

"Yes, Mr. Sir." Everybody in the mess hall replied, not daring to make him mad any further.

"Clean this up." He pointed to the mess on the floor and walked away into the back of the canteen.

"I think we just learned a valuable lesson." Pendanski then started to speak. He knew what had happened since Mr. Sir told him. "We're all people, and Mr. Sir is a very sensitive man. Just like all of us."

Chloe sat next to ZigZag while shivering slightly as he rubbed her leg gently. He was trying his best to not say anything which'll cause her a panic since that is what his paranoia does. X-Ray, Armpit, Squid and Magnet sat there silenetly, eating as Caveman and Zero soon joined in - Caveman just as terrified.

"Wow, I guess what had happened in the cabin didn't turn out so good for him." X-Ray mummbled.

"I think the Warden got mad because he made up some stuff, dude." Armpit also mummbled as they looked amongst each other and continued to eat; not saying another word.

---

It was the next day in the blazing hot sun as Mr. Sir was doing the refilling of the canteens and Barge/Chloe stood behind Stanley today since she didn't want to speak or anything.

"Next." He spoke when Stanley slightly handed his canteen to Mr. Sir. "You thirsty, Yelnats?" His face was red and his scratches now had cream and plasters on it.

"Yes, Mr. Sir." Stanley replied, panting a little bit since he was dehydrated. He turned on the faucet and let the water make contact to the dry ground and not inside his canteen. He then stopped it, giving him a glare.

"There, that should hold you." Mr. Sir handed his canteen back. "Next." Chloe walked up and he looked at her and noticed the water and walked away. He just smirked at that as Zero walked to him and he refilled his canteen like the others. "Magnet, wipe that smile off your face. Yes, you." He then got into his truck to drive off.

Zero offered Caveman some water as (Y/N) continued to dig her hole, constantly licking her lips and swallowing her saliva. She looked at the others who had a drink and she sighed until ZigZag noticed her struggling and looked at his canteen which was nearly a quater empty and sighed and walked to her.

"Here. Drink some." He offered her the canteen as she gently took it and took three large sips, not making that much of a difference in his canteen. "You know... I wouldn't like to see you die out here from dehydration." She chuckled and patted his shoulder.

"Thank you, Ziggy. I feel better." She smiled and continued digging again. Zero walked over to her and offered her water. "Oh, hi. Uhm, I just had some of ZigZag, but thanks." She smiled as Zero nodded with a small smile and went back to his hole which was pretty much almost done.

Later that day, everyone was walking around camp as Barge walked into the D-Tent and saw that Stanley was teaching Zero how to read.

"Hey, guys. You coming into the wreck room with us? We're playing pool, but I ain't better my shower tokens." She chuckled.

"I'm okay, thanks, Barge." Stanley smiled at her. "Me and Zero are making an agreement."

"On what?" She tilted her head curiously.

"If I teach him to read, he'll help me with my hole everyday."

"I see." She hummed. "Well, you are a slow digger, so you'll need it." Stanley gave her a look. "I'm kidding, but I am faster than you now, so... Anyways, I'll see you guys later. Keep me updated. I want to see progress off you, Zero." He messed his hair as he chuckled.

"You will." He nodded as Barge left the tent to meet up with the gang.