Chapter 29 : A Deal

Start from the beginning

“And I told I was sorry for what I did.  I am still sorry but, is this a way to leave a person who is madly in love with you without even hearing him explain.”

“I heard your reasons Chris” I spoke eying him coldly

“And you just ran away. We could have solved all the things with a little talk but you decided to block every way I could contact with you.”

To an extent he is right; we could have solved everything with talks. But I decided to run away and block every way he could contact me from.

“you left me without hearing me fully. I know I acted pathetically and you had every right to madden over me but I think every idiot deserves a second chance.”

How correct he is I realize now. Everyone deserves a second chance, but I ran away from him. Not that it’s my fault fully. I wanted to preserve my heart from getting hurt again, I couldn’t have anymore heartaches.

I shake my head and said “what do you want Chris?”

“Do I need to answer this? I want you, I love you I’ve missed you like hell. Come back with me.”              

I analyze my thought of going back with him and a fear strike me again that he’d lie again to me. I just feel very prone to lose my heart and I can’t take anymore risks.

“I won’t Chris. I’ve started my life here, I like living alone. i..i am not coming with you.”

He jumped from his seat and came to my side. My chair was moved my him so now I was watching him towering over me. Before I could protest on anything he pulled me and made me stand adjacent to him.

“what th-

He cut my words by crashing his lips over mine. As much as I love tasting this soft lip I have missed like hell in these two years I shoved him by chest to express my anger. But my protest was stopped when he pulled me harder into him by my waist. His lips massaged mine and I couldn’t control the moan that escaped my mouth. I dipped my fingers into his scalp and massaged it. He exhaled and licked my lower lip and I couldn’t help but open my mouth to explore some more of him. With the exchange of the saliva I could taste his minty breath that was weakening my knees. He licked my lips again and i never missed his mumbling during the course he did ‘ I missed you’. We pulled out breathless, panting and staring at each other.

I see his face that now looked hot covered in beard and I wonder why his beard never itched my while we’re kissing.

Realizing our proximity I untangle my arm from his neck and maintain a two inch distance between us that was really driving me crazy.

“Come with me baby.”

Oh how can’t I melt in puddle? The way he calls me baby is enough for me to crave some more for him. And it’s really impossible for me to say no. so I turn my back to him and stare at the ground. I heard his groaning that was cut by the knock on the door.

“come in” I say

Came in Mr. Peterson followed by Harris with a  fake smiles pasted over their faces. I shake my head and wonder how these men have gone super sweet just when they have seen a billionaire in their place.

“Mr. Carter, we’ve been pleased to have you in our premises.” Mr. Peterson spoke

I see Harris was eying me suspecting as he saw Chris standing just beside me. Normally no one would expect a creditor to have a discussion and stand beside mere a marketing manager. He cocked and eyebrow to which I just shrugged.

“I can forego your debt to me.” Chris spoke and i flip my head to see was sitting my place crossing his leg with another. My gaze averted to Mr. Preston when he spoke.