Chapter 28 : Reunited

CHAPTER 28

GRACE’S POV

**********

“What did he say ma’am?” Judie, my P.A asked as pulled the phone out of my ear.

“What the freaking hell Judie! I couldn’t hear anything properly. Entire time there was a disturbance in the line , and you didn’t even tell me his name. I don’t know what’d be the reason of his visit. Surely he is offended by communication with me.”

“he’s visiting?” Judie asked

“yes”

“when?”

“I couldn’t hear it. The line got disconnected itself.” I sighed

Judie gasped and said “I’m sorry ma’am even I couldn’t find his name. And I’m sorry for the disturbance in line I’d get someone to fix this asap.”

“yes, please”

She nodded and left my cabin.

With a ton of work now I’m left with a new tension. When and why would this man visit? I even couldn’t ask his name.

Sighing I proceed towards my work and started moving my fingers over the keyboard of my laptop.

I love this part of day. When I’m left with nothing but so much work and a laptop to co operate with me. Because it’s something that doesn’t asks me anything but pulls me out of my grieve.  It’s something I really love. Because what I feel about love is, it never asks anything from you but you yourself give your everything to it.

And this happen with me while I work, I give every part of my brain to my work. This happened with me two years ago, when I gave every inch of my heart to him.      

**********

After a full day of eight dedicated hours towards my work I stood in the parking lot of my office’s building . the day is palpably hectic but, I enjoy every ounce of it. Before I could unlock my car my shoulder was caught by someone. Being a strong women I elbowed anyone who was it.

“oww” I heard a manly groan.

I turn my head and widen my as I see poor Harris was mugged by me. He crouched while holding his ribcage.

“Jesus ! I’m sorry Harris. Are you okay?”

He groaned in response, I must have hit him hard. I move ahead and place my hand on his shoulder to intrigue his pain.

“ Are you okay?” I asked knowing that he’s everything but okay.

“no! I’m not. You’re such a cruel women.”

I rubbed his shoulder to soothe him and express my guilt simultaneously.

“I’m sorry Harris. I didn’t know it was you.”

“oh yeah! And tell me if it correct to go and hit a random boy?”

I rolled my eyes “you’re not a boy Harris.”

He stood up facing me and blurted out“ I. Am a boy, or why’d you agree to come on date with me?”

I laughed on his childish behavior” Harris a thirty five year old is called a man not a boy and we’re not going on a date.”

He scowled and yelled “I’m NOT thirty five year old. I am just twenty five you dipshit. And you agreed to come over date with me, so there’s no way of backing out now.”

Yes he’s just twenty five year old. Two years older than me but I love pulling his leg. Especially when he’s prone to cry.

“I don’t remember of agreeing over a date with YOU.”