Chapter 36 : Apologies

CHAPTER 36

*********                               

Sometimes even the person who invigorates in ditching morbid fails miserably. And I am just a person who runs from a situation if it doesn’t work according to me. But I can’t do this all the times. One day I will be required to deal the situation. And that day is today, He hasn’t communicated one word to me either in car, or by getting to home. As soon as he came in here he rushed in bathroom to get a shower.

This is the first time in my life I’m dealing with a situation when I don’t know what to do, but anyhow I have to tackle this. And since I very well know I can’t do this alone, I’ll take the help of the only experienced person I know.

My mom.

It has been two years since I’ve heard her speaking ,and calling after two years and speaking to her a problem doesn’t seem so convincing. But again I don’t have any other clue.

Sighing I took my new phone and started scrolling through the contact list. He saved my mum’s number.

‘Mom’ i found the name and touched the screen.

Just before the ring could end she picked it up. This is longest time my mum took to answer ‘my’ call.

“Hello, who is this?” I hear her voice and inhaled deeply to fill my senses.

She took this much time, because she did not have my number.

After gaining all my confidence I inhaled once again and said “hey mom.”

The line went silent and I could hear her breathing heavily. She sure has gone crazy by now.

“Grace”

“Yes, it’s me. how are you?” I smiled and hear her breathing even faster.

“Mom are you okay?” I started getting worried.

“Oh my god “oh my god “oh my god “oh my god.” She started shouting making my eardrums go weak.

I pulled the phone out of my ear and placed it back on my ear once I felt the shouting subsidized.

“Grace, is that really you? Oh my god! Do you know how worried I had been these two years? Every time I received a letter of yours it drove me crazy, not to mention your handwriting is really bad, you should probably work over it. And do you know Chris has been in constant touch with ew, oh he’s such a wonderful man. He really loves you! Did you guys meet? Oh and-

My head started spinning with her infinite questions. Then how can she be normal when the one she’s never been? And especially how could she be normal when she’s hearing me after two years.

“Mom hey hey, mom listen. MOM.” I nearly screeched to make her shut her mouth.

“What? Why are you yelling?” she asked confused making me chuckle.

“Nothing.. its uhh you asked a lot of questions at once”

“I’m sorry, I just got excited.” She giggled.

“yeah I suppose. So how have you been?”

I just wanted to have some normal chat before shooting the matter I really called for.

See, I’m such a selfish bitch.

“I have been well, just missed you a lot.”

I nodded “I know mom, sorry for getting you worried.”

She scoffed “you better be in regular contact with me and visit me soon, or I won’t accept that apology.”

I smile and mentally got happy to meet her.