Chapter 22

I slowly wake up, feeling a weight on my entire body. I blink, taking in my surroundings. I'm on Tsukishima's bed, next to the wall. Tsukishima is next to me, and Akiteru is sitting on a chair next to the bed.

"She's awake." Akiteru sits up. I look over at the two boys and my eyebrows furrow.

"I'm sorry for causing so much trouble." Is the first thing I say, then look at Tsukishima. He has some color back to him, but I reach out and touch his arm and he's still freezing.

"You didn't cause any trouble." Akiteru says and I don't say anything because I know he's lying. "Oh, um. We don't have enough blankets to warm you two up separately, so I thought it would be best if I just put all the blankets on top of the both of you. Is that okay?" He asks and I chuckle.

"Yes, that's fine. I'm not going to complain when you're taking care of me." I say and he gives a small smile.

"Are you okay?" Tsukishima speaks up, looking over at me.

"I'm more worried about you." I frown and he rolls his eyes.

"Don't be stupid-"

"Here, now that you're both awake." Akiteru cuts Tsukishima off. "I was going to wait for it to cool down a bit, but it's still hot now so eat some soup." He says and we both sit up.

Warm air from the heater brushes against my skin and it feels so good.

We start to eat silently and I look down at myself, realizing I'm not in my school uniform, or my bra, or my underwear. I put a hand on the sweatpants and feel a thin layer of fabric underneath.

"Am I wearing your boxers?" My eyes widen and I look over at Tsukishima.

"You're wearing my everything." He simply responds then I look at Akiteru and Tsukishima in horror.

"That means..." I blink and Akiteru quickly starts talking.

"I didn't see anything! Obviously you guys can't stay in the same clothes because they were soaked and you weren't conscious so I didn't know what to do but we couldn't leave you in those clothes. So, um, Kei insisted that he do it and I waited outside the room while he dried you off and dressed you. Your uniform is in the washer now." He explains quickly and I look up at Tsukishima. He gives me a sly wink and if I wasn't freezing right now, I would have been blushing.

But it's not like he hasn't seen me naked before. I'm at least grateful that Akiteru didn't see anything.

"Thank you." I mumble and we continue to eat the soup in silence.

I don't feel empty anymore, which is what I wanted I suppose. But I think I would prefer the emptiness over the overwhelming amount of guilt and anger I now feel.

As soon as we finish the soup, we try to get warm under the endless amount of blankets again.

"Thank you for not going to the hospital." I say, laying on my side so I don't have to break my neck just to look at them.

"Kei hates the hospital, so he demanded that I bring you guys home. I was super worried because you passed out but you still had a pulse so..." Akiteru scratches the back of his head and I nod.

"It's fine, I'm glad I'm here instead. The hospital would have called my parents and then I would have had 20 bodyguards by tomorrow." I chuckle.

"Adam and David aren't with you anymore?" Tsukishima asks and I shake my head.

"They went back with my parents this morning."

"Oh, okay." Tsukishima nods, and then it goes silent. Nobody knows what to say.