Chapter 8

"Akiteru!" I throw my hands in the air, quickly taking off my shoes and running over to the boy.

"Katsumi!" He grins, giving me a brief hug. "This is the second time you're here this week. Tsukishima is being very generous."

"I know, crazy right? He has been feeling nice lately, we even agreed to be friends" I grin.

"You two are so weird." Tsukishima grumbles, coming up behind me. "I feel like you get more excited to see my brother than you do to see me."

"I do." I tease, making him narrow his eyes at me.

It's been two weeks since we skipped class and stayed in the infirmary with Hinata and Kageyama. Since then, he's been a bit nicer to me and I love it. He still is moody and calls me names, but it seems like it's just out of habit now. Or so I tell myself.

"We're going to my room. Don't bother us." Tsukishima laces his fingers through mine and I wave at Akiteru.

We go up to his room and I lay down on his bed, getting comfortable.

"Why do you act like you live here?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Does it bother you?" I ask, propping up my elbow and resting my head on my hand.

"Not really...I guess." He frowns.

"Should I not be on your bed?" I ask as he sits down next to me.

"No, no. I don't mind. I was just pointing out that- you know what? Never mind." He sighs and I laugh, sitting up and leaning into his side. He wraps his arm around my shoulders, and turns on the TV.

"What movie should we watch today?" He asks, scrolling through the options.

"Let's watch Me Before You." I point at the title on the screen. "Ive heard of it before, but I don't know what it's about. They say it's good."

"Okay." He murmurs, pressing on the movie. "It's in English, but has Japanese subtitles."

"Oh, then never mind. It's okay." I shake my head.

"But you know English, we can watch it." He frowns, pressing play.

"But you don't, wouldn't it be bothersome to just have to read subtitles the entire time?" I pout, looking up at him.

"Isn't that what Americans do with anime? I'll be fine. And plus, I know some English so it'll be okay. Now be quiet because the movie is starting." He presses a kiss to my forehead and I blush.

I live for moments like these. I wish Tsukishima and I could be by ourselves all the time, then I'll have an endless amount of happiness.

I didn't know anything about the movie, and neither did Tsukishima. He said something during the movie, awkwardly pointing out that it's a love story or whatever but I ignored him since I like these kinds of movies. While we watched, I translated parts of it because Tsukishima said it didn't make sense, I thought it was cute seeing him with his eyebrows furrowed and shaking his head because he didn't know what a word meant.

Though, soon enough all my happy emotions were gone and I turned into a wreck. I was absolutely just bawling by the end of the movie. I tried to hold it in so Tsukishima doesn't make fun of me, but I couldn't.

"Are you...okay?" He awkwardly asks me, rubbing my back.

"Y-Yeah." I sniffle, willing myself not to cry.

"Um...I don't know what to do. Sorry. I've never had this happen before." He admits, making me laugh.

After a few minutes I compose myself and take a deep breath.